Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Just installed 2.8

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
ticker
Name: Tom
IRC Username: none

Re: Just installed 2.8

Post by ticker »

Hirato wrote:@ticker Windows is sort of the second class citizen - you've got tons of inconvenient BAT files, a stdout.txt (no console output), and development is rather cumbersome due to that and other factors...
But OS X, by comparison is the red-headed stepchild, and as such you're unfortunately by your lonesome.
But yeah, if you're using 2010 builds with PAS 2.8.0, released just days back, expect problems....

In any event, I would advise you to install a Linux distribution ( http://www.debian.org ) either along side OS X or inside a VM for running sandbox. I doubt anyone here can help you with mac troubles.
Thanks Hirato. Luckily Mariojinx has come through with an OSX version of 2.8 now, so my FPS map should run, at least. I'll also try your suggestion re linux in a VM window as I can now access Parallels for my desktop machine.