Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Problem with Misfit Model 3D and Textures

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Neofito
Name: Neofito

Problem with Misfit Model 3D and Textures

Post by Neofito »

Well I'm not sure if this is the right boar, if it isn't any moderator feel free to move this post to the right one.

I'm totally new to 3D softwares, and since I've read about misfit Model 3D in this forums I downloaded it, and the fact is that it seems a basic but good aplication, at least for a beginner like me.
Now I'm working with textures, but seems I'm doing something wrong.
With different .obj models I use the "Select Faces" tool, once all the face are selected I go with "Materials/Paint" Texture option, and get awindow like this

Everything seems ok, I save the file in PNG format (in fact is the only option); but when I open the saved png file it doesn't look how suposed because it's just a black background.

What's what I'm doing wrong?, need change some setting of Misfit Model 3D?

Thanks in advance
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Problem with Misfit Model 3D and Textures

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I'm no expert with misfit, but did you actually paint anything on the texture? If you haven't, then the blue likely represents the space in between the UVs or something similar.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Neofito

Post by Neofito »

Thanks for quick answer.
The question is that there isn't option to paint; the window is just a preview of how will look the PNG file, and then the file can be edited adding textures with a gimp/photoshop/etc (or at leas it's what I think, because haven't find any way to edit the preview).
Btw, I forgot to say my OS:Windows 7 64bits.
Also a good option could be if someone know an easy/basic software that I could use instead Misfit fot the texturing thing.

Thanks in advance
Neofito

Post by Neofito »

Neofito wrote:Thanks for quick answer.
Also a good option could be if someone know an easy/basic software that I could use instead Misfit fot the texturing thing.

Thanks in advance
Well, I guess that I'v found it into thgis post:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=316

Seems that Tattoo 3D could be a great option
http://www.terabit-software.co.uk/
Neofito

Post by Neofito »

Well the Misfit texture map works fine in a friend's maching running Windows XP( when you save the .png file you get what you see in the preview instead the black image I get), maybe it's an issue of Misfit with Windows 7 64 bits.