Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How get a "soft" transition with different textures?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Neofito
Name: Neofito

How get a "soft" transition with different textures?

Post by Neofito »

When I change to a different texture the joint is always a straight line, and I always get rectangular/quadrangular "texture zones", somwthing like:

What I would like to get is something like this:

I've been searching into forums and wiki, but haven't found anything related (I guess it's something related to blendmaps, but maybe I'm totally wrong): In other words any help would be welcome :roll:

Thanks in advance.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: How get a "soft" transition with different textures?

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I don't quite see the difference in the before and after images, although I do understand what you're asking for from the first image.

Yes, you are looking for blendmapping, I'd take a look at http://sauerbraten.org/docs/editref.htm ... e_blending for general information on commands and at viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1187 for a dedicated tutorial.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Neofito
Name: Neofito

Re: How get a "soft" transition with different textures?

Post by Neofito »

Thenks for the links, I'll look into them.

About the "before"/"after" they are the same effect I'm looking for (are in the same screenshot), I'm doing the comparison between first and second(before/after one) screenshots (both found via Google); I guess that I should have gone with a different one in order to make it more clear.