Removing object labels and flare, making an object invisible

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wishfulscientist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Removing object labels and flare, making an object invisible

Postby wishfulscientist » February 26th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Hi all, first post.

I'd like to make an object totally invisible in a map while not in edit mode. I understand that in edit mode, by clicking an object or model, pressing '.', and making the second value '-1' removes the model, it still leaves a label and that little flare graphic. How do I remove those?

Also (unrelated question), is it simple enough to add sound to a model or region like in the house sample map's fireplace? How is adding environmental sound to a point source (a model or just from a point) accomplished?

Thank you!

wishfulscientist

Re: Removing object labels and flare, making an object invis

Postby wishfulscientist » February 26th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Actually, by looking more closely at that sound object, I've figured that it has no model but still has a label and little flare. Basically, from sounds (or whatever I choose, really) that I place in the map, how do I get rid of those annoying little labels and flares?

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » February 26th, 2013, 8:30 pm

coopedit is still treated like edit mode.
There are options in the options menu to change this behaviour.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

wishfulscientist

Postby wishfulscientist » February 26th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Thanks! I'll look into it. For what I want, so far I made a workaround by manually just moving the sound objects so that they're behind the FOV of the player (behind a wall), but they can still hear them (walk and pass through their radius of sound). Being able to specify sound radius really helps out!

In effect I just wanted a way for a player to interact with an invisible sound object by hearing it and passing by it, and by making the radius of the object just large enough to pass through a wall, I achieved that.

wishfulscientist

Postby wishfulscientist » February 27th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » February 27th, 2013, 6:14 pm

it's the GAME MODE that lets you edit with others online.
It also happens to be the default game mode for offline play due to not having a timer.

There's an item in the options menu that restricts this to "when you're editing" it's the closest we'll allow anyone to "turning it off permanently."
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

wishfulscientist

Postby wishfulscientist » February 28th, 2013, 2:34 pm

I don't see this option in the main options menu. It might be because I have an older version of the software (modified, 2.7.0)? Is it clearly located in the options menu of the latest version of the software? Or is there simply a way to make it run as SP mode by default through a cfg file or something?

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Postby chocolatepie33 » March 3rd, 2013, 11:20 pm

use the console command /sp (mapname) to load a map in single player.

wishfulscientist

Postby wishfulscientist » March 5th, 2013, 7:26 pm

I figured it out, thanks guys/gals. The way I think Hirato was mentioning was to change the game mode, but he wasn't really specific with how/where to do that.

It turns out that when you hit 'escape' and 'load map', the 'game mode' tab is in that sub menu. Thanks though!

Return to “Sandbox General Support”