Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

lightmap troubles

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
mortar

lightmap troubles

Post by mortar »

for a while i havent been able to use the "quick light" function on the F3 menu, it goes through the whole process, but at the end it simply says:
so yeah... in case this knowledge is relevant, i have a Vista.

any help is greatly appreciated
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: lightmap troubles

Post by Mike »

You probably don't have the light close enough to a brush, aka the ground/wall/whatever. You could try increasing the radius or moving the light. Also, can we use your contest map in Sandbox? :) I never got a response hehe. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
mortar

Post by mortar »

Mike wrote:Also, can we use your contest map in Sandbox? :) I never got a response hehe. Take care.
-mike
sure, that would be really sweet,
ill try fiddling around with it again, and try what you suggested and see if it works! thanks for the help

EDIT:
oh, i get what you meant, sorry if i wasnt clear enough, but the problem is no shadows are being created, i did this for my racetrack map and even without any lights it generated shadows that looked really sweet. and when i add lightsources, it still does the same thing (as in nothing :P ).
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Just to make sure we are on the same page, this is the general process for creating light:
1) In the menu select newlight
2) choose a radius and a color
3) Click spawn light where you selected in edit mode to place it
4) Go back to the main menu and click on editing gui
5) In the light menu, make sure you have it set to compute shadows and press calculate

Are these the steps you are taking? Also make sure that the radius touches a brush.

I'm excited that we can put the racetrack map in, that map is awesome! We are going to do a race mode at some point and I think that map will be perfect for it, you did a great job on it! Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!