Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Confused about terms in scripting

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Jordan Ashby
Name: Jordan
IRC Username: Jordy

Confused about terms in scripting

Post by Jordan Ashby »

This is a small question but I can't find the answer on wiki. I'm in the process of learning to script NPCs and I'm getting hung up on some things. first of all, I see include "includes/valleyvillager" at the top of some default example scripts. I can't find what this is referring to. I'm sure it's a quick answer but thanks in advance. I'm also unclear about the use of ifbit so clarification on that would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Confused about terms in scripting

Post by Hirato »

it's including a script file from the game's directory, specifically one with the name "valleyvillager.cfg" from the directory named "includes"
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Jordan Ashby
Name: Jordan
IRC Username: Jordy

Re: Confused about terms in scripting

Post by Jordan Ashby »

Oh man, that's so obvious now. Thanks for answering such an eye roller for a novice. I don't know how I missed that one. Do most users who mess with the RPG mode have some kind of programming knowledge? I feel like there are basics that I don't understand need to study up a little. I know some simple c++ which is supposed to be complicated but makes sense to me much more than cubescript does so far. Some of my questions are so beginner that I don't want to post. Things about ifbit, onbit, and bracketing in the dialog construction confuse me the most, like a seemingly random [] than I know must be important. I don't want to post 1008 stupid questions that I could learn from a book if I knew the right one. Any suggestions?? This community is very friendly and helpful. Thanks guys