Is there any extensive beginner tutorial?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Odazland
Name: Dino
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is there any extensive beginner tutorial?

Postby Odazland » April 3rd, 2013, 2:32 am

Hey guys

I've downloaded Sanbox two days ago and i didnt get far.
It doesnt happen very often that i get frustrated with such things because i'm used to a long learning curve but this software is making me crazy!

After watching so many videos i still dont know how to do some very basic things like moving blocks.

Other things i still dont know:

extended "marking" functions (example: if i have selected 5 blocks in a row, how can i add the row UNDER the selected one and add it to the selection)
Coding (i saw many codes but i didnt find ONE(!) tutorial that introduces you "softly" to the coding in Sandbox)
Texturing (i know how to pick textures but how can i add new textures, how do i paint, how do i blend 2 or 3 textures and so on...)

I feel like i have missed something or skipped one or two steps befor getting Sandbox.

Is there any tutorial beside the sandbox wiki?

Thanks
Dino

kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: Is there any extensive beginner tutorial?

Postby kddekadenz » April 3rd, 2013, 11:21 am

I'm feeling too lazy too explain that again. That are some common question you asked (and I now the answer for them), being asked again and again..
Yeah, the documentation does suck..
is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox

Ghostman Gaming
Name: Tyler Mangino
IRC Username: ghostman1996

Re: Is there any extensive beginner tutorial?

Postby Ghostman Gaming » April 3rd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Return to “Sandbox General Support”