Cannot open Saved Game!

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Magnolia
Name: Martin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cannot open Saved Game!

Postby Magnolia » April 5th, 2013, 2:37 pm

I can successfully save my RPG game when I hit F1 to exit editing mode, but it won't save as my specified name. However, that's the least of my problems.
I started using PAS yesterday and I enjoyed it alot. I made a nice bridge with a nice house and was pretty happy with the result. I saved, and exited. When I decided to edit some more, I opened up and tried to load my save. Didn't work.
I started making another map and I've spent most of the day making it. I decided not to exit from fear of not being able to reload it, but the worst possible thing happened: the client crashed!

Now, I REALLY do not want to start over again, so is there any fix to this issue?

I'm going to add 2 pictures as well, to describe it better.

And

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Cannot open Saved Game!

Postby Leo_V117 » April 5th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Attachments
savemap_editing_menu.png
Map Source: "krs/jump_n"
Version: 3.0.0 (2.8- applicable)
( NewUI Gold - Artist: Leo_V117 )

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » April 5th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Thanks. I managed to find a save of my game this time, but still cannot open. How would I go about doing this other than using the "load" option? When I tried loading the save (the only one there) in the loader option, the same thing happened as seen in picture 2 again.

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Postby Leo_V117 » April 5th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Ignore the save game and load game options in the main menu, those don't save the map you're in... At All.

When saving a map, use the "Editing" menu to save (under MISC or use code specified ())

When loading a map, use the "new game" option.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » April 5th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Thanks again. I now managed to find my map, but my next problem seems to be that I'm getting "No game in progress" when clicking on it, even though I chose "new game", then went on to the "map" section.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » April 5th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Actually, nevermind. /map mapname fixed my problem. :)

Return to “Sandbox General Support”