Teacher needs help! Can't interact with NPCs on a mac?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BassPanda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Teacher needs help! Can't interact with NPCs on a mac?

Postby BassPanda » April 26th, 2013, 9:24 pm

I've been struggling with this for hours, I'm hoping someone out there can help me!
I'm a junior high math teacher and am hoping to get the kids to use Sandbox to create their own games! However, there is one important piece they need to do: they have to be able to interact with NPCs who would ask them questions.

Now, I've read tons of tutorials on how to script GUI, such as:
http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... de,_Part_1

However, when I type in that code, I always get the same message:
unknown command showgui

As if "showgui" is the wrong thing to say?

Is it not working because the program works differently on a mac? I'm using Sandbox 2.8.0

Thank you for any help.

Daniel

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Teacher needs help! Can't interact with NPCs on a mac?

Postby chocolatepie33 » April 27th, 2013, 4:49 pm

showgui was the command used for the old user interface known as 3DGui, which has been replaced by newUI (or something like that), which is the interface implemented in 2.8+. As such, the majority of the programming language has been rewritten and most wiki documentation is somewhat outdated. However, if you use an older version (pre-2.8), you should be able to use the old programming.

Return to “Sandbox General Support”