Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Question about PAS. Is this possible?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Sean
Name: Sean

Question about PAS. Is this possible?

Post by Sean »

The game I would like to attempt to make is an online action roleplaying game. Players would create their character and be able to learn new attacks and train certain skills. They'd also be able to pick up and use items, weapons, and clothing. There would be some kind of coding where they can use the command prompt to /login (username) (password) and other commands such as emotes like /dance /dance 2 /sit /sit 2 /sit 3 that causes their character to perform animations. The server would save their information so every time they /login their player is the same as when they left. Other things could be used in the command prompt to like /upgrade /levelup /drop etc. I've seen systems like this in other games and mods. I'm just not sure if it's possible in PAS. Does PAS Support an online RPG? An example of what I'm talking about is SA-MP RP servers.
Last edited by Sean on August 14th, 2013, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean
Name: Sean

Re: Question about PAS. Is this possible?

Post by Sean »

Nobody knows?
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Question about PAS. Is this possible?

Post by Hirato »

We've said many times in the past...

Sandbox has an RPG module provided, but it is somewhat incomplete and does not offer multiplayer functionality and never will.
Sandbox is open source (zlib/libpng license) so you are most welcome to attempt it.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless