Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

user interface move

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
northstar
Name: steven

user interface move

Post by northstar »

hey guys... heres the situation... i decided to move the 2.7.1 gui from data/HUD to data/UI (just to do it)... soooo... i realigned the 3dgui and the default cfg's, config.cfg's and the theme list loop... now...

when i run in codeblocks the themes come up just as expected... but when i run from the start menu it looks for the hud in data/hud and comes up 'cannot find' (etc)... it's still looking to data/hud... the theme list does the same...

there must be a string prefix somewhere... and i've searched for hours to find it... any ideas?
northstar

Re: user interface move

Post by northstar »

here is the themes code

Code: Select all

createthemelist = [
	themes = "" //don't forget to reset it
	loopfiles f data/ui cfg [
		themes = (format "%1 ^"%2^"" $themes $f)
	]
	themenum = (listlen $themes)
]
i should say that it loops just fine... but when i hover or try to select it once again tries to load from data/HUD...
northstar

Post by northstar »

ok... i found the load-up problem... its located in the "my_stuff" config files... but it still looks for the themes in data/hud... i'll keep searching, but i suppose thats what my goal is... to optimize the file script system so that i can basically centralize it so that it's not so scattered and redundant... i'm up to 84mb with a functional src CodeBlocks... happy trails...
northstar

Post by northstar »

ok... got the themes working thru menu>newgui themes (duhhh)....

seems most of my work will be more in the script than code... well... for now

sorry to bother you...
NS