Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

model menu 2.7.1

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
northstar
Name: steven

model menu 2.7.1

Post by northstar »

i've been struggling now for a couple of days, trying to get the "shot" images into 2.7.1... and i can get so far, but i can't get it over the top...

i can't get it to do rows or autotab

Code: Select all

newgui mapmodels [
itemsnum = (* 2 $guiautotab)
	guilist [	
		loop i  (+ (div (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) (if (mod (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) 6 0 )) [		
		if (> $i 0) [guitab (+ $i 1)]
		guiimage [packages/models/@(mapmodelname $i)/shot]  [ newent mapmodel @i ]  1.2 1.2	]	
]		
]
northstar

Re: model menu 2.7.1

Post by northstar »

ok... i have the tabs going... but still no rows

and its starting out on page two... i suppose i could put in 16 dummies... but thats not the point

newgui mapmodels [
	itemsnum = (* 1 $guiautotab)
	loop i (+ (div (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) (if (mod (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) 1 0)) [
		if $i [guitab (+ $i 1)]	
		guilist [			
				loop j (min $guiautotab (- (nummapmodels) (+ (* $i $itemsnum) $guiautotab))) [
					num = (+ $j (+ (* $i $itemsnum) $guiautotab))
					guiimage [packages/models/@(mapmodelname $num)/shot] (format "newent mapmodel %1" $num) 
				]			
		]

]
]
(sigh).............
northstar

Post by northstar »

getting closer... but no cigar yet...

northstar

Post by northstar »

well thats about the best i can do...

being a noob and a dreamer i can't figure out why i have 3 dead spots on the right, but it will have to do... :)

newgui mapmodels [
	guiautotab 20
	itemsnum = (* 1 $guiautotab)	
	loop i (+ (div (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) (if (mod (nummapmodels) $itemsnum) 1 0)) [	
	guilist [		
			loop j  (min $guiautotab (- (nummapmodels) (+ ($i $itemsnum) $guiautotab ))) [			
			num = (+ $j (+ (* $i $itemsnum)))			
			guiimage [packages/models/@(mapmodelname $num)/shot] (format "newent mapmodel %1" $num) 
			]	
		]
	]
]
northstar

Post by northstar »

i just noticed that changing guiautotab in one menu effects all the other menus... i think 16 is the default so i may split the diff and go 18...
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Wow that's super interesting. So do you prefer 2.7.1 over 2.8.x? I personally like how much easier it is to make NPCs "talk". For the next version of SB I am actually thinking about reverting back to the old menus. What do you think? Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
northstar

Post by northstar »

really? well here are my thoughts on the issue... the old menus just seemed friendlier, and mods much easier... but maybe its just me speaking as a beginner. its also closer to cube so i can gleen information from them if i want to... and it just seemed more fun to put my personal touch on it (and see the results). on 2.8 it seemed you were kinda locked into the interface with no room to wiggle...

the level design is the same in both, so it's really just the interface, cross referencing with cube (and old PAS scripts), that bothered me personally... but i'm a lover not a hater, and i support any path you wish to travel...

nice to hear from you mike... :)
steve
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I would be very interested in your thoughts on what you would like in a newer version. I see you are very active in the forums and I super appreciate that so I really want to know how I can best help you. I'm trying to decide what code bases I would even want to keep too. I don't like so many spread out. It seems like you are enjoying the RPG mode that Hirato has been working on. I think the 2D and FPS modes could largely be merged, I think anyway. Also would you be okay with me using your code for the map model images? I really like what you did! Maybe we can chat in IRC sometime. Thanks and take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
northstar

Post by northstar »

(chuckle)... i'm flattered

its open source mike... whats mine is yours... :)

your ideas sound great!!
northstar

Post by northstar »

after being back home here for a week... i remember one thing now that would be great, but i don't know if possible... an in-house cfg editor that updates in game... i've seen the one at quadropolis and it's a start, but it seemed (i only did it once, so it might have been me) that when i updated in game, if i went outside to notepad ++, it didn't update for some reason... so it was either one or the other... but like i said it may have been just a fluke as i rushed off on another project...

as for the rest (besides the old gui)... umm... fbx would be nice, but not really necessary... umm... a particle engine would be nice, but not really necessary...

you know... i can't really find much fault... it's a sweet little engine... oh, an exe packager might be nice too... so let's see, we're up to 1gb now (smile)... really, it's evolved nicely over the years, and when i can afford it (when social security kicks in late next year) i may even be able to help out in the monetary area too...

i'm not much of a talker, wouldn't really have much to say... but i would be willing to help out if i can (being a noob)... but... ya gotta start somewhere :)

best of luck to you mike...
ns