Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

having trouble running on xp pro

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
gil90
Name: gilberto
IRC Username: whats Irc

having trouble running on xp pro

Post by gil90 »

hello, i am running sandbox version 2.4 on xp pro, and it won't run. Well, it will run, but at like fps 1 or something(it's really slow). How can i make it run like normal? :)
Scrolls of Harmony, Volume 6. "Nobody is the same, and everybody is different. There is no way one thing could content us all". Spore's religion of Harmony says that some may like Mac, and some may like Windows. The point is that we all go our own way, and leave others alone
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Re: having trouble running on xp pro

Post by Obsidian »

What is your computer, a laptop or a desktop?

What processor do you have, and what type of graphics card do you have?
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
gil90

Post by gil90 »

it's a desktop, it has an x86 family 15 model 1 stepping 2 genuineintel ~ 1594 Mhz processor, and i'm not sure what graphics i have. but it does say something on the front.... "dimension 4400".... not sure what that means.
Scrolls of Harmony, Volume 6. "Nobody is the same, and everybody is different. There is no way one thing could content us all". Spore's religion of Harmony says that some may like Mac, and some may like Windows. The point is that we all go our own way, and leave others alone
miluaces

Post by miluaces »

Right click desktop > Properties > Settings
It should have the type of graphics card there.
gil90

Post by gil90 »

It says " RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP " ...and i'm guessing thats the graphics card i'm using. By the way, does anybody know if there's downloadable software that improves graphics?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Yes it is called Drivers. Check out the ATI homepage to try to find newer ones for your card. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!