Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

MD2 Playermodel Problems

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
SpaceToast64

MD2 Playermodel Problems

Post by SpaceToast64 »

Hello, first of all I'm just gonna say this question really has to do with Cube 2: Sauerbraten, but it is really an engine problem that is the same with Platinum Arts Sandbox.

I am porting an old custom Quake 2 Playermodel (which, I repeat is supported by this engine) of the .md2 format, I have followed the article on the Cube 2 wiki, I made a config, successfully converted the .pcx textures to .jpg and have the model playable in game (as a replacement of Orgo2).

For the most part it works, the animations work except for the fact when I switch weapons (i.e. use any weapon other than pistol) his walking animation doesn't work (it uses his idle animation) and he drags his weapons under his feet (Quake 2 models have their own custom gun model, but idk how to import it).

HELP!!!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MD2 Playermodel Problems

Post by Mike »

I'm sorry I don't know enough about importing models to help you out. Have you tried posting in the sauer forums? There is a guy named Geartrooper that I'm sure would be able to greatly help you out. Also what about importing it as an md5, or iqm? Iqm is the preferred format for Cube 2:
https://github.com/lsalzman/iqm

Also you could look at the other animated models and configs for reference.

Hope this helps. Take care!
-Mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
SpaceToast64

Post by SpaceToast64 »

Mike wrote:I'm sorry I don't know enough about importing models to help you out. Have you tried posting in the sauer forums? There is a guy named Geartrooper that I'm sure would be able to greatly help you out. Also what about importing it as an md5, or iqm? Iqm is the preferred format for Cube 2:
https://github.com/lsalzman/iqm

Also you could look at the other animated models and configs for reference.

Hope this helps. Take care!
-Mike
Thanks Mike, I already have posted in Sauer forums long before I asked here. :lol:
"I swear, it's my connection not me!" - Some guy blaming lag.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

They didn't respond? I do know that md2 is supposed to be much more limited than md5 and iqm so I'm curious if that does the trick!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!