Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How would I Equip an Item?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
William
Name: William Folker

How would I Equip an Item?

Post by William »

Alright ... this is a big one. I'm wondering how I can make an item equipable, and not only have it "equipped" but show up in first person. What I'm trying to do right now is make is so that when I pick up my weapon I can equip it (left or right) and it will come up in first person view as if you were holding it ... and I literally have absolutely no idea where I would even start other than picking it up ...
Yes yes, I know, I am a pretty big time noob, thank you VERY much for your patience :D
William
Name: William Folker

Re: How would I Equip an Item?

Post by William »

Can anyone really help me with this one?
Yes yes, I know, I am a pretty big time noob, thank you VERY much for your patience :D
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Post by offtools »

fps and moviecube supports attachments

playerattach [bodypart num] [model path] [anim rule = 0]
playerdetach [bodypart num]

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=714&p=3833#p3833

offtools
carter472
Name: Adam

Post by carter472 »

Sorry for bothering. But I don't quite understand.

I mean, I can understand that the previous post by offtools is a code of some sort.

Sorry offtools, but could you elaborate just a bit more?

I'm looking to equip items onto a character as well. Would I have to put your code to the item or bind it onto a key?

Thanks in advance.
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Post by offtools »

these are scripting commands. you can use it by pressing "T", this will open a sort of console. how to use these commands is described in the moviecube wiki at our wiki. here you will also find the number for the "body part" in the playerattach command. its a bit tricky to use at the moment and it works only with the Unihuman model (uh/chars/man).

to attach a hat onto your player use:

playerattach 0 uh/attach/hat 0 [0 is Head, uh/attach/hat is the path of the model, 0 either attachment is animated or not]
playerattach 16 uh/attach/lshoe 0 => shoe to left foot
playerattach 17 uh/attach/rshoe 0

i'm working on to make it easier and adding some register commands for playermodels and items, to move the body part stuff into the models cfg files.

offtools.