Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How can i do to make a rpg of my sandbox?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
pookymike
Name: Mike

How can i do to make a rpg of my sandbox?

Post by pookymike »

First of all, please don't answer me to go and see on the faq because the url doesn't works =( so then...

Question: I try to do a rpg with a live bar and mp bar.. But also the most important things is : I want to do a spell.. My spell .

So if u could jsut please take your time and guide me where to go on the menu step by step :) Thk you

P.S. i feel in love with sandbox xD
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How can i do to make a rpg of my sandbox?

Post by Mike »

I moved this to Sandbox support since it is obviously a question, and not a post providing a tutorial or resource. The FAQ url should work, you should try it again when you have a chance.

If you download Master Chef Ogro, or run the RPG.bat in Sandbox 2.4 you will already have a health and mana bar (and experience bar in 2.4!). The code to create new spells is located in /data/game_rpg.cfg for both games. In both just scroll down to where you find the spells, you can even do a search. The 2.4 spells though are a little more complicated and a lot cooler :D In 2.4.1 you'll even be able to use /testproj to try out different projectiles and see what ones you like and be able to copy the code to replicate the spell :) Take care and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Sandbox!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
belan
Name: Caleb

Post by belan »

I need help, can you tell me the script to make spells i cant access \data\game_rpg.cfg for some reason. I whould really appreciate the help. Im a noob to sandbox and really need help.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Open it as a text document using wordpad although I prefer notepad++ and it is NOT the same thing as notepad. It is free though :D Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!