Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Traveling to specific player Start Ents?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
William
Name: William Folker

Traveling to specific player Start Ents?

Post by William »

Say I want to make a large game composed of small maps. Is there a way that I can make certain teleports send you to a specific player start ent on another map.

For example. Say I have 5 maps. 1 is an intersecting road, and the other 4 are the maps right next to it connecting the roads. Now, if I leave on the road taking me north and I have a player start ent on the other map, I'll start at the beginning of that street, but when I turn around to go back, I want to end up on the street that I came from and not back in the center of the intersection.

Let me know if you understand that ... I'll try to explain it better, but that's the best I could do right now : /
Yes yes, I know, I am a pretty big time noob, thank you VERY much for your patience :D
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: Traveling to specific player Start Ents?

Post by GR1M »

Download Chef Ogro and check out the scripts they have teleports to travel to the next map.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

hey grim... he means basically this:
!
---+--- lets say this is a crossroad, now when the game starts he wants to spawn at the + mark. then he wants to go to the end of the right road, where he will
! will be teleported to next map. but now at the start of the road on the next map he decides to go back. so when he teleports back to the starting map, then he doesnt want to spawn at the + mark, instead he wants to spawn at the right end of the road. understand?

I have only one idea of how to do this... you must make multiple maps which all look the same, but use one of them as the starting map, and each other one as a separate map depending on from which side you want to enter the map. understand?
William

Post by William »

I think I do ... So basically I'm kind of going to need up to 4 or 5 of all the maps so that I can make other maps transport them to it the right way? And make the travel from map to map possible.
Yes yes, I know, I am a pretty big time noob, thank you VERY much for your patience :D
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

I cant find any easyer way :(
William

Post by William »

wow ... kinda stinks, but I suppose I could do it : /

Is it possilbe to copy and paste the art and ogz files and just put a 1,2,3,4 after them and they weill all be diffrent maps ... or would I actually have to make them all seperately and to the best of my memory ...
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

just go to the base folder, copy the ogz file of your map and when you paste it change the name a bit so it would be like citymap1 citymap 2 etc
William

Post by William »

Alright *wheew* that is going to make things so much easier hehehe. Thank you for your help ... it'll be a bit of a pain, but to get it working right, I should be alright. At least I know how to do it now :) Hopfully it wont take TO much effort ... but we'll see hahaha considering the buildings and such you'll be able to enter and all that ... wowza! :D