Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Flickering Lights and Height

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
William
Name: William Folker

Flickering Lights and Height

Post by William »

1 new question and a 2nd still existing question.

My first question is how would I go about making a light flicker on and off ... possibly quickly and mildly randomly, or a set pattern or somthing of that sort.

My second question is that I need to figure out how to make my character "taller". While I walk around in first person I want my character to be able to see through the little window on one of the door map models, and I was hoping I could get some help with that.
Yes yes, I know, I am a pretty big time noob, thank you VERY much for your patience :D
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Re: Flickering Lights and Height

Post by offtools »

flickering lights. maybe some knows a trick how to do this, maybe with particles or the new projectiles. but for sure manipulating entities (dynamic lights in this case) are on my todo list for MovieCube.

you can the used model in the model config files. if this does not work you have to reimport the model into a 3d programm (e.g. blender) to modify the mesh. if your model is a md5 modifications on the mesh will be done quite easy, because mesh and skeleton are separeted and you can reuse the old animations. on md2 and md3 its more complicated.

offtools.