Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

MovieCube questions

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Joseph

MovieCube questions

Post by Joseph »

Hi,

I have some questions on Moviecube commands/syntax. I've read the wiki page but still having problems.

1.) For changing the characters gestures?

is it something like -
appendactionsetao
appendactionsetgesture

followed by some numbers? or can you do this through the append actor gui?

2.) How do I load a different character model for each actor other than the default human one?
Can you have different models loaded simultaneously?

3.) Is there currently any way to animate a "camera" view along a waypoint path or something? or even set a stationary camera? The only camera-like view I get is from my first person one which defaults to whatever my player height is. I'd like to achieve different camera angles, the only way I could think of doing this then would be to modify a cube to stand on or something relative to whatever camera position that I'm trying to achieve.

4.) I know there is a record .avi feature but I also know that there is a record demo command in Cube 2: Sauerbraten I believe as well. Can you record a demo in Moviecube? or even perhaps more ideally maybe render video at a consistent FPS directly through the engine, rather than record it? I currently have a older computer/video card - so I was thinking of how to gain maximum FPS etc.

Thank you for any help.