Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

need help with sand box

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
shadow
Name: jadon
IRC Username: shadow

need help with sand box

Post by shadow »

i downloaded the sandbox and i opend it and the screen goes black and then it takes me back to where i cant open it what do i do?
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Re: need help with sand box

Post by tyche »

I'd like to start with the basics:

1. What Operating System are you using (Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac)?
2. What video card are you using and are the drivers up to date?
3. When you say, "it takes me back to where i cant open it", what do you mean? Try to describe where it takes you.

We want to help. I know (from personal experience) that it can sometimes be confusing. Please help us to help you.

Craig
Tyche
shadow
Name: jadon
IRC Username: shadow

Post by shadow »

i use a mac and by it takes me back i mean i open the game maker and then it goes back to where it says would you like to open it and i dont know what a video card is

and thanks for your Help :D
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Post by tyche »

OK, we have a particular problem with the Mac distribution - we don't have any Mac programmers. The result is that we have to rely on experienced Mac users to come in and compile the program to run on Mac. One suggestion that's been made by one of our regulars is to use the 2.3 or 2.4 release, rather than the current one. Not being a Mac user, myself, I can't tell you how they will work out for you. I will say, from personal experience (limited as it is, I'm rather new to Sandbox, myself) that even the 2.3 release can be fun to work with. Good luck, and have fun with it.

Craig
Tyche
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

And a video card is for games, if you have a better 1, games will lagg less, if you have a bad card, some games wouldn't even work on your pc