Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Is your school using Sandbox? Let us know!

Do you use Sandbox in your school? Please share your experiences with us!
kgklimyriad
Name: Liam Usher
IRC Username: klimyriad

Re: Is your school using Sandbox? Let us know!

Post by kgklimyriad »

chocolatepie33 wrote:
Omar199898 wrote:TO MANY KIDS PLAY VIDEO GAMES, AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO FIND A PROGRAM
TO CREATE A VIDEO GAME
that's cuz they're lazy, and they just sit back and enjoy them, while us cool guys work our @$$es off to make them.
chocolatepie33 try not to swear even if it like that this is a kid friendly forum.
Owner of IK-Soft, IK Software Netowork, IK Software, IK Software Hosting, IK Software Network

IK Software is Working on a game called Mazer find it at http://ik-soft.co.uk/mazer.html or on these forums at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3268 (Making with PAS)
Dan5033

Post by Dan5033 »

Right now I'm using PAS for my school project. But now I'm having problems yo make bots attack the player. Can you help me
Lathroum

Post by Lathroum »

I am going to be using Sandbox with my after school technology club here at St. Philip Neri School in Linthicum, MD...

We used Kodu some last year, but it did not do everything the kids wanted... so we are trying out Sandbox...

the kids are in grades 4 - 8

If you know of any good tutorials that can be printed and given out to kids... that would be great...

THANKS

Philip
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

You could try the wiki. It has some great tutorials made by the lead programmer of Platinum Arts Sandbox, so I would say that they are pretty good.
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Lathroum wrote:I am going to be using Sandbox with my after school technology club here at St. Philip Neri School in Linthicum, MD...

We used Kodu some last year, but it did not do everything the kids wanted... so we are trying out Sandbox...

the kids are in grades 4 - 8

If you know of any good tutorials that can be printed and given out to kids... that would be great...

THANKS

Philip
Adding to what java.x.beast said;
java.x.beast wrote:You could try the wiki. It has some great tutorials made by the lead programmer of Platinum Arts Sandbox, so I would say that they are pretty good.
The documentation isnt that simple to follow, its easy, but not "healthy" for the beginners. There is some software that you can get hold of that would allow the kids to script most of the game, I'm currently working on most of the interface for RPG and some general scripting. You can follow the link in my signature if you want to take a look at it. Just so you know, it is on auto-update, so you need access to SourceForge, or the program will come up with a few errors.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Dan5033 wrote:Right now I'm using PAS for my school project. But now I'm having problems yo make bots attack the player. Can you help me
For help you need to be in the Support Section
sonia

Post by sonia »

I didn't even know that schools are using sandbox? In the first posting there was a list mentioned for all these schools. Can I have the link? I didn't find it.
This is at least a lesson which the pupils could really use if they want to.
Unfortunately I cannot help with any tutorials :( I don't know if there exist some good ones for this age.