Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Official Sandbox Wishlist Thread

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Official Sandbox Wishlist Thread

Post by siimvuss »

I wish for a mac build, or at least a working guide on how to build it myself for mac
xmorg
Name: Tim

Post by xmorg »

1. An "easier" way to add player and monster models to the game.
personman61
Name: jeremy

Post by personman61 »

How would the
Random Map Generator
work?
Will it be programmable to make your own themes, like a jungle with trees, or will you do it for us?
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

Sandbox should have
* Advanced player to mapmodel collisions. This removes the angle limitations with geometry. More accurate slopes and curves. If you’re making a road you can have it as a mapmodel and you have better freedom of customizing the road. Useful for making quarter pipes. Useful when using obj files
* Have mapmodels follow a path or circuit. The speed can be customized. This is useful for having a train. This feature can also be used with lights, sounds and other ents. If you touch the object you also follow the path/circuit as well. Path and circuits can be edited as vectors
*Triggers can be activated by moving mapmodels. If a train approaches the town it activates the trigger and decelerates to stop at the station and accelerates again after 30 seconds
* Materials can be used as zones and events can be triggered such as changing music or adjusting the player speed
* Red eclipse has an advanced variable editor which controls almost any element of the game. It should be implemented into sandbox.
* A customizable texture that can display videos with sound streamed online or display webpages with the ability to browse. You can also place limits to block sites or limit to one site. Useful if you want to monetize games with ads
* An improved system to save games or save them on a server.
* Features to make a mmorpg game. Have an online currency system so you can charge money or have a membership system to access certain features.
* More commercially friendly items like model, textures, sounds and music. Have everything tagged so it’s easier to identify the licence.
* An ingame texture, music, sound and model editor
* make it easier to customize the shaders of textures
* Have an improved physics system
* Models can be replaced upon trigger. If you damage something it changes into a damaged version of the model. Different stages of damage are possible. If the model is destroyed it turns into debris which you can customize. You can make explosions at each stage of destruction. Like a fuel barrel exploding and the destroyed barrel is left
* Breakable glass. The health of the glass can also be changed. If a certain area of the glass is hit a cracked decal will show up
Those are the ideas I can come up at the moment. The list is non-exhaustive. If I come up with any more I will post them on the thread.
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

We need better model cliping not just cubes and cylinders like we have right now I mean real accurate cliping like if the mapmodels where made out of game geometry be able to go inside the mapmodels if they are hollow with this we can make elevator mapmodels that you actually could ride with the 'elevator entity' or with the 'platform entity' be able to go inside the train mapmodels to actually ride the train not just ride on top of it.

Also what I wish its that the youtube page of PAS would upload videos more often its been almost a year since the last PAS video. Youtube its the way I found PAS and I bet the majority discovered this game this way too. Use youtube to advertise PAS more or just to show what are you guys working on dont leave your 2,000+ subscribers almost a year without any news.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
sayrken
Name: Tom

Post by sayrken »

Ohh a wishlist.
Sorry for the bad eng.

-Patch tool so you can make trains that follows this patch.
-Parent Attachment, "whatever" follows the other object, this would be awesome with the particles and trains.
-Easier way to add textures and sound. maybe a browser.
-Sprites.
-Player customization in editor, here you can change height, speed, size, gravity, model etc
-More model formats.
-Easier way to blend textures.
-A USE button in-game to activate buttons, switches, npc, pick up things etc .
-A prefab tool with save abilities.

-And finally the most important a function browser. (so you choose the area or object you want to have a specific function and the browser lets you choose in a list ex: scrolling textures, trigger, button, train, etc etc.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Thank you so much everyone for your feedback!! I'm definitely considering all of it carefully and I'm going to make a list of the top priority features. Please feel free to always offer suggestions to help make things better for Sandbox, even if it is regarding the webpage and community! Thank you again, you rock! Take care :)
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Mike wrote:I'm looking to put together a budget to pay coders, modelers, texture artists, etc so that Sandbox will have a lot of ready made content that you can use to make your own games
Before you go ahead and do that, do you know what artistic style you'd prefer for Sandbox? Each artist probably has their own way, and a lot of inconsistency may not look too good.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Mr. Brightside
Name: Friedrich
IRC Username: Dr_Schnellinger

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Uh... well what pops up in my mind right now is a nice pair of bare hands (When you're holding nothing), I mean, running and seeing nothing but the crosshair when I'm unarmed is kinda boring.

Hands for things like slapping a player!

And it would also be cool if you add rock-throwing ability!

That's all for now.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

A lot of these features I really want in D. The Atom Shifter anyway so I'm thinking that I could use the funding for D. to make them possible and then give them back to the community once D. is launched or maybe a bit down the road but not too long!!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!