Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

We Need Your Help! - Need Volunteers to Help Us Win GOTY

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

We Need Your Help! - Need Volunteers to Help Us Win GOTY

Post by Mike »

As many of you know we made it to the final round for Indie Game Of The Year at moddb.com If you haven't voted TWICE please go to our moddb.com profile and do so.
http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-arts-sandbox
http://www.moddb.com/events/2009-mod-of ... scoreboard - Countdown until the end of Second Round Voting

It is a pretty huge deal that we even made it into the top 100 since it was out over seven thousand projects and only two other released indie projects made it. I think it is still worth trying to win top indie project even though we are extreme underdogs. With enough help I think we could pull something out. Winning to us is really important because of the credibility factor. Also it helps you because more attention to Sandbox can mean more developers coming to Sandbox which can mean more features in Sandbox which helps us all.

I'm looking for any suggestions and media I can get to help us promote Sandbox and try to get enough votes to win the Game Of The Year. Here are my ideas and plans so far.

#1 I have a few webpages that I'm going to post to about Master Chef Ogro and when people come to the site, hopefully they will vote for Sandbox.
#2 I'm going to make a commercial that features the inside of a house with a table and cookies. This is going to be the main bit for it:
"Depressed? Got the blues? There is one fix that is sure to cheer you up, cookies! Have you ever dreamed of owning your own stack of soft warm delicious cookies? Now is your chance! For the low price of voting for Sandbox, your cookie dreams can come true!"
Hirato also wants me to do one with raining cookies.

What we need
- Any really nice looking screenshots. /hidehud 1 hides the crosshair and FPS
- Any nice looking and/or funny videos
- If you know any webpages that would be good for us to post info on Sandbox please let me know
- Any other ideas you might have to help us get attention and votes

If anyone has any cool youtube videos or screenshots that I can put on moddb that would be awesome. With the videos though I need the original file and also make sure you have permission to use whatever music.

So what's in it for you and what happens if we do win? I was thinking about some kind of extra prize for the community. I'm not sure exactly what yet, but I'm up for ideas on that as well. Perhaps some kind of special feature and/or special content. Perhaps individuals who contributed a lot could get something personal too, like added into Sandbox as characters and more. In addition, it is a chance for you to get your content seen by many thousands of people. The moddb community is huge and our profile especially getting in the top 100 gets a ton of traffic.

We only have 12 days so we need to get moving. Thanks for your time and also a HUGE THANKS to everyone who has voted for us, thank you so much!!!!! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: We Need Your Help! - Need Volunteers to Help Us Win GOTY

Post by siimvuss »

hmm... so do you want to make a video of a cool map made with sandbox? I can help with making the map, but I cant record it :( because it will take another week (I guess) until I get my new computer and when I try to record anything on this machine then I guess 5 fps will be awesome :D

perhaps we could make a vid of the cavern map but with rpg version, monsters and such added... also is the lvl up system ready? if it is then I think that would be and awesome feature to make people vote for sandbox :D because an rpg without levels is not that awesome :D
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Some great ideas. Also I was just thinking perhaps we could do a radio/podcast show where a bunch of us show our thanks for everyone who has voted and also talk about what is upcoming with Sandbox and such.

For movie recording, you do know that you can record with Sandbox, right? It is /movie to start it and /movie again to stop it. It is uncompressed AVI so it can get big in filesize quickly.

Take care and thanks for your ideas and support!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

I like your idea. I think i can try to make a cool screenshot =]. ill make a space ship
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

I know that its possible to record with sandbox but theres the fps issue again... My screen is 1024x1280 but I can only record with the default settings because if I try to put my screen resolution for better quality then it records 1 sek and then tells I have too low fps :D
Nemix
Name: Gabriel
IRC Username: Nemix

Post by Nemix »

try to use a program to record like
fraps or
hypercam 2
and make it windowed and smaller resolution and you can record it ;)
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Hypercam and fraps are not free to use without the watermarks, though. ;)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Snagit is my favorite recorder it's not free but it has a 30 trial.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

I have another idea... but I´m not sure I can finish this, because its a lot of hard work. I found this image a long time ago and then I decided to make a map like this. I never got to making it because its really much work :D

Nemix
Name: Gabriel
IRC Username: Nemix

Post by Nemix »

Obsidian wrote:Hypercam and fraps are not free to use without the watermarks, though. ;)
Mike Edit -
Piracy is not allowed to be discussed in these forums please. Also since Sandbox can record in game that is good :D Also camstudio is free without watermarks.