Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hi hi!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
VieEnRas

Hi hi!

Post by VieEnRas »

Hello! I guess I'll drop in a quick introduction as to why I'll be poking around here and there, hopefully gleaning ideas or possibly crying out for help every once in a while. I suppose you could call me Vie for short, French for life... the whole name is a play on a little something I've been tinkering for a few years in my brain.

I love to write but lately my brain has been dying for some visual stimulation to help motivate my expository and there's a game I'd love to make to try to spur that. For the past few years I've started to get into a side hobby called MU*ing. Multi-User - There's different forms: MUD, MUCK, MUSH, MUX, MOO - depends on what code-base it's written... I'm sure some of you have heard of it? Maybe? I usually stick with MUCK and MUSH because of the story-orientation. Anyway, I also like d20 systems for the chance to help spur the direction of the story as well. Having stats and skills, the ability to pass or fail depending on random numbers is much more appealing to me than, say, always failing because I lack any sort of hand-eye coordination.

But I digress.

I have a background in some coding - not much mind you, I understand the form and function but I'm not always able to piece it together to get things to work. I also have a bit of a background in animation - hand drawn mostly, but I do have a good 9 or so years in Photoshop knowledge. My forte, however, is that I do have a degree in film/video production with a large emphasis in sound design and editing. So if someone has an audio question, I could quite possibly have an answer. (Won't guarantee, I've been doing else-things with my life, but I do still tinker around with stuff in my audio editor.)

So what am I doing here? Well, that's a great question. Like I said, I have an idea... not sure how possible it is with sandbox, but I'm willing to put in the effort to try even if all I end up with are a bunch of maps and no one to play on them. Maybe then I'll just make characters and do movies of some of the things I've written. ;)
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Re: Hi hi!

Post by PizzaLover101 »

Welcome!
IF you have any questions, feel free to ask the people or visit the FAQ:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ
Or the Wiki:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... =Main_Page
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
VieEnRas

Post by VieEnRas »

Ah yes, the FAQs and Wiki... I have familiarized myself with them thus far, as well as some of the youtube videos. I'm still scratching around the surface and in that acquaintance phase with sandbox. I might be in this phase for a while as I don't have hours upon hours to devote to learning things as I once did when I was a student but I'll keep plugging along. :)
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Post by tyche »

VieEnRas wrote:Ah yes, the FAQs and Wiki... I have familiarized myself with them thus far, as well as some of the youtube videos. I'm still scratching around the surface and in that acquaintance phase with sandbox. I might be in this phase for a while as I don't have hours upon hours to devote to learning things as I once did when I was a student but I'll keep plugging along. :)
Don't feel bad, there a bunch of us that have questions even after the FAQ and Wiki. I'm one of them.

Welcome aboard, and feel free to drop in on us on IRC: SERVER - irc.oftc.net , CHANNEL #sandbox

Craig
Tyche
VieEnRas

Post by VieEnRas »

Sorry for my disappearance. After Christmas my old lappy gave up the ghost and died for good. Unfortunately, with that death all my work was also lost - well, as of now it has been. I still have to use some necromancy on the HD to see if I can't get some of it back.

But the good news is, I have a better computer suited for running 3d stuff! So I'm back and should be back into full swing once I get this new computer up to speed!

~Ras
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

Aw... but the map you posted screenshots for before looked cool :)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB