Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hello Gamers

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
crazwhtboy
Name: Chad Strickland

Hello Gamers

Post by crazwhtboy »

I realise it wouldn't be the most kid friendly game then again what shooter is?

I would like to make an FPS RPG and I'm not sure about how to go about that.
I have a basic idea but need direction.
I'm illiterate to coding (with the exception of HTML but not the most fluent), but I'm a quick learner.
I'm dedicated to projects I start.
If I feel my idea is well received I will definitely go about working towards getting the job done.

Plot idea: I was think a near future scenario similar to the Tom Clancy games but a little further along into the future.

The plot seems useless until the game-play is down so I'll work on it as it comes to me.

I think development should start basic and work up to being a quality product

I definitely am open to multi-player environments.

I think Mass Effect is a good example of a game that meshed shooters and RPG's well.

I see gameplay being mostly dependent on skill but a progression system gives a sense of accomplishment.

I see levels being more like ranks not so different from military ranks.
You Know the drill
PVT PFC etc. so on and so forth.
each rank unlocks new weapons and skills

I feel the game would go well with 4 person squad based combat possibly

There are 4 Base Classes
Light Weaponry: Handguns, Machine Pistols (possibly SMG's dependent on balancing) and dual wield-ability.
Medium Weaponry: AR's, LMG's, and scatter-guns. With a type of body armor resistant (altough not impervious to) upto say
a 7.62mm Assault rifle round.
Heavy Weaponry: Grenade Launchers, and Rockets of course, but also access to EOD armor with balancing drawbacks.
Sniper (my favorite):High velocity rifles of course, this causes drawbacks of its own wich is good for balancing. A sniper
always starts with a squad member spotter that is a Medium Weaponry class soldier that calls out
targets on your radar.

I aim for realism for the game, but I hope this also ushers in fun game-play for those who enjoy shooters.

I was thinking Sub Classes such as an Engineer or a Medic would be nice with the appropriate game changers.

I'm certainly open to suggestions and help.