Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I'm new here and I have a question…

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
Mechoulam
Name: Sergio

I'm new here and I have a question…

Post by Mechoulam »

Hey, I'm new here and I wanted to know the difference between Platinum Arts Sandbox and Sauerbraten, because I have it and I can see no big difference, except for the fact that you can interact with other characters like that little guy who wanted some apples lol.
I'm talking about this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44Ww2bg ... ded#at=242
Thanks

P.S How can I install the program?
I got a folder named 2.6.1 which has two archives called Launcher and sandbox, but I can't open 'em.
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Re: I'm new here and I have a question…

Post by tyche »

The biggest difference, at the moment, is that SandBox was originally created from the Cube2 (Saurbraten) program as a way to introduce kids to creating games. Because of that, any reference to weapons or violence was removed. This may be coming back in the future.

Another difference is that there have been numerous updates to the engine. This is something that is on-going, and (due to the limited number of programmers working on it) is the reason why so much time passes between version updates. For those that are brave the SVN is available with the understanding that there may be things that are broken from time to time. (I, myself, am using the SVN and have no problem. But I'm rather limited in my use of SB, and therefore may not be representative.)

And Welcome to SandBox!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: I'm new here and I have a question…

Post by jSoftApps »

One of the main differences between sandbox and sauerbraten is that sauerbraten is a first person shooter that contains weapons blood and monsters
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!