Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I am introducing myself!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
infernape

I am introducing myself!

Post by infernape »

Hello I found Platinum art sandbox whilst looking for a free 3D game making thingy.
IT IS GREAT!
Although it took an hour too download version2.5. I was amazed at how awesome it was.
I have had it for about a day now, i dont know much ( only basic making people talk) so be prepeared for loads of posts by me on the help section :lol:
My head got blown off when I saw how you do the scripting :D I have got use to the extremely easy game making of scratch lol. (If i cant advertise then tell me ill edit it out :? .)

Not much more to say really...Hi.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: I am introducing myself!

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hi. Cool name, Infernape was always my favorite Generation IV starter pokemon evolution.

I'd like to point out that 2.7.1 is our latest version, it's quite different from 2.5, having new textures, new music and an incredible RPG system. If you need any help, we have a wiki, and you can ask questions here.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Post by tyche »

Hello, infernape!

Just naming another program is not advertising. Linking to it and telling people how great it is, or such, would be.

Like chocolatepie33 said, Sandbox 2.7.1 is the latest version released. I don't know what the latest for Mac is, and we have some trouble keeping up on that as only one volunteer ports Sandbox over to it. As for asking questions, well, there's a lot of people here that are knowledgeable about the program and many of them are happy to help. Be patient, though, as they're all volunteers and users themselves, and many of them have school and/or jobs that take up their time. We also have an IRC channel at irc.oftc.net #sandbox where some of the people hang out and exchange ideas and help each other.

So, Welcome Aboard and have fun.

Craig (Tyche)
Forum Moderator
infernape

Post by infernape »

Thanks for the welcome.
I am currently debating downloading 2.7.1 as it took ages to download 2.5 will 2.7.1 take longer?

It took over an hour to download the 208mb of 2.5 so will it take about 2 hours to download around 400mb of 2.7.1?
EDIT: I have now got version 2.7.1 :D I was wrong it only took 1 hour which was surprising.