Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Music Composer

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
danielmartin566
Name: Daniel

Music Composer

Post by danielmartin566 »

Hi,
I've just finished my 2nd year of music composition at university and am looking to expand my portfolio, I have always wanted to write for a fantasy RPG and I'm really impressed with some of the work i've seen coming from sandbox!
If anyone is interested PM me with some information such as; how far along the project is, expected deadlines, story line ect ect. . .

Here's a link to my website:
www.danielmartin.tk

On the music page my oldest tracks are at the top and latest are at the bottom!

Thanks a lot,
Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Dan
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Music Composer

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hi! Welcome to the forums. I'm CP. Glad to see you here.

At the current moment, Sandbox uses music from Cork279, a fellow forum member who specializes in dubstep-like music, so you two might get along well.

Anyways, before Cork came along, Sandbox used a variety of tracks from different artists, and the music was relatively similar to yours.
Personally, I think Sandbox could use some more RPG-like music (in addition to Cork's awesome futuristic techno music), so if you'd like to contribute to the overall project, then I'd contact mike (calimer) about it via his email: platinumarts@gmail.com. I guess you could also try to contribute via the custom content submission subforum. You've got some great music, and I would be glad to support you in that bid. Good luck at university, by the way.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
danielmartin566
Name: Daniel

Post by danielmartin566 »

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. At the moment I would be really interested in getting involved in custom projects, simply because they are more engaging for me as a composer and allow me to present specific projects in my portfolio; so i'll copy this post over to the custom contents submission subform. I'll send Mike an email its always good to make contacts and if I can support what you guys are doing here I will try my upmost! Its a fantastic project you have going and extremely good to see it being presented to kids as well as adults!
Thanks again for your support and kind words,
Dan
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

You've got a rather predominantly ambient style and I really like what I'm hearing.
So why not do some music for sandbox proper?

I'm working on an RPG for it, although it's there more to serve as an example and to help find bugs.
And if possible, I would like to do a more mature take on the Master Chef Ogro concept some time in the future.
I'll just leave this video here of some random silly fun I had about a week ago ^^

This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

The more help the merrier :) If Hirato likes it for his RPG well then there ya go haha. We would need to know what the license is on the music though it sounded like you wanted to work on some custom stuff? I'm sure that'd make Hirato happy. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!