Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hi I'm Vickie~

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
Eagle
Name: Vickie Eagle

Hi I'm Vickie~

Post by Eagle »

Greetings everyone, my name is Vickie Eagle. I have been making games for a few years now and was very happy to stumble across the Sandbox Engine while I was looking for software to start my next project with. My last project was a game called Witch Gate, it’s an MMORPG. Here are a couple of screen shots;
I’m very happy to be here and Mike seems like a great guy, I hope to get to know you all!
Always~
Vickie ;)
I put time in a bottle ... just saying :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hi I'm Vickie~

Post by Mike »

Welcome to Sandbox! That mmo looks interesting. Nice hiney shot haha. What are you interested in making on Sandbox? There is a lot of cool stuff headed for release soon, hopefully around Christmas. Also nice models, whoever did them, if it wasn't you, did a great job! Take care.
-mike
PS me a great guy? I'll have to balance that out by terrorizing more gremlins aka kids haha. Have a goodnight.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

I've heard about your MMO before. All i can say is i hope you like your stay here :)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Oh yeah just wondering, how did you find out about Sandbox? Just wondering :) This is also my previous project http://doom3coop.com (not kid friendly). Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

Hi!
So you might just be the most professional game maker around :)

Also any place where I could download witch gate? I´d like to see it :D
Eagle
Name: Vickie Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Hi Mike, hey your game looks awesome; did you do those graphics or someone else from your team? I found the Sandbox Engine while I was searching for a MMO platform engine, your engine popped up and I noticed in one of your screenshots that you had animated grass. I was like “ok I have to see this for myself’. So I downloaded Sandbox and stared going through the tutorials and I couldn’t believe the power of this engine. So then I was like, ‘well there must be a catch, no one would give away and engine of this caliber without so kind of pay off in the end, so I stared going through the license agreement and I couldn’t find anything regarding a payoff or licensing fee for a release. So I signed up on the board here and asked you directly if we can make a stand alone project with this engine and you where like ‘yes, go for it~, sorry I talk a lot. 'giggles~

Hi Siimvuss, thank you for your kind words, as of now Witch Gate is in the hands of a production company, I cannot give you a release date but I can tell you to keep an eye on the best buy shelves.

Hi Gr1m, well that’s a sweet thing to say, I hope to be here of a long time ;)
Always~
Vickie ;)
I put time in a bottle ... just saying :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Gr1m certainly is our resident sugar muffin. Maybe that should be his new forum title, haha. Regarding the catch, I started the Sandbox project for the K-5 kids in my before and after school program so that is why it is really important for me to keep it free to that as many kids as possible can have access to it. The main "catch" is that it is important for projects to make it clear that it is based on Sandbox so that other people can learn about Sandbox and hopefully help improve it so it is better for everyone. Also if people do cool stuff with the source we'd like to be able to put it into Sandbox and again make it better for everyone. This isn't too different from a GPL license. I think that isn't asking too much, I hope anyway :D

Have you come up with any ideas of what you'd like to make with Sandbox? Also what roles did you have on the MMO? We could definitely use help on improving the MP code for Coop. There is cooperative editing, but it would be great to have RPG and such work better for cooperative play. Take care.
-mike
damiandj
Name: Damian
Location: Selva di Val Gardena , South Tyrol, Italy, Europe, Earth

Post by damiandj »

Welcome vicky! I hope that you will enjoy your stay here on the forums :D
I was also impressed of what this engine can do for free and I have already started from middle september 2009 to make the RPG The Golden Coin.
I would like to help everyone if there is somthing to ask! Salus
RPG PROJECT - "The Golden Coin" (TGC) - http://www.thegoldencoin.do.am - DAMIAN
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

Hello! You seem very talented. =]
You do those models your self.
Hope to see some of your work some time =].
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Sugar Muffin...yep that's me =p

Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo