Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How to license (and copyright) your Sandbox content

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: How to license (and copyright) your Sandbox content

Post by Hirato »

goldstylez wrote:"Copyright 2010, Joe Sandbox <email@address.com>" is "joe sandbox" a name or an example?
he's a real person, just like John Doe. ;)
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Tony
Name: Tony

Re: How to license (and copyright) your Sandbox content

Post by Tony »

maqifrnswa wrote: How to license:
If you choose a CC license from above, make the following README.txt (or LICENSE.txt) file and add it to your package:
"Copywrite 2010, Joe Sandbox
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA."
Replace the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" with the license you choose and the correct link.

If you choose another license, replace the text with the license you choose.
This is good information, with the exception of the very first line of the example provided: Copywrite 2010, Joe Sandbox

The correct term is "Copyright".

Rights to the copy, as in like textual content, and as in like rights of ownership.

A copy-writer is a person whom creates copy content, they write words, copy for say ads, articles, etc.

I would change any Copyright statements to reflect the proper term.
An example:

Code: Select all

© Copyright 2011, Tony Turner.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.
I think this was merely a typo in the example, the poster appears to have done their homework, I think they just slipped with a typo in the example. Anyway, I thought a clarification was prudent.

Thanks,
- Tony
Rockin' the Web for All the Right Reasons
Image Mind Reading Mastered
Image Canonize Juan Valdez and his Burro