Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How to capture screen shots and videos

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

So... since no-one asked for a specific tutorial I decided to choose one myself.

1.Lets start sandbox :)
2.When you want to make a screenshot all you have to to is either press F12 or type "screenshot" into command line. All screenshots made like this will go to "my stuff" folder.
3.When you want to make a movie then you have to type "movie nameofyourmovie" into command line (for example "movie my_movie_1"). The recordin of your movie will start... To end recording just type "movie" into command line. The movie will go to "my stuff" folder.
4.The movie will be in a really small resolution (240x320). If you want to change the resolution just type "movieh " and the height you want your video to be, then "moview " and the width you want. (for example "movieh 1024" "moview 1280")
5.You can also choose if you want to record the audio or not. By default the audio is enabled. To turn audio recording off type "moviesound 0" to command bar. If you want to turn it back on type "moviesound 1".
PS. The movie you´ll get will use extremely much hard drive space. If you want to upload the movie to youtube or somewhere it is strongly recommended to compress the file. You can do it with some movie editing programs like windows movie maker. I´ll make a tutorial of how to do that some other time, because windows movie maker doesn´t run on windows 2000, which I´m using.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: How to capture screen shots and videos

Post by Leo_V117 »

i have an easier way, one that allows you to change the resolution to one of several options, it also allows you to name your movie, record sound, eanable/disable HUD and even FPS.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1022