Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Want To Win Free Stuff? Join Our Sandbox Contest

Archive of entries from the Steam Game Contest.
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Want To Win Free Stuff? Join Our Sandbox Contest

Post by siimvuss »

oh :D Do what wou want but im already almost finished, I didnt know that you guys are releasing the new version of sandbox this week so I must edit my video XD
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Just please make sure the old version of the logo is not in the video. Also I just realized I have an old version of fraps on my server. This is the last free version of fraps so it doesn't have a watermark but it also doesn't record audio. That works though if you want to put in your own, but just make sure you have the license and permission for the music.
http://platinumarts.net/fraps19d.exe

For editing I like using virtualdub though there are a lot of options (windows moviemaker and such). Virtualdub apparently can also record videos though I have never tried it.
http://www.virtualdub.org/

Take care and also you can do more than one submission :D Have a good day!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

is it really not allowed to have a watermark? if it is not allowed then I have to record everything again :shock:
mortar

Post by mortar »

can we enter more than once for maximal chance of winning free stuff? anyways, i have a few ideas for a T-shirt, and making a vid will force me to get to work figuring out sony vegas. Best of luck to everyone entering!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Well watermarks generally take away a bit from the look and quality if the video. You can submit as many times as you want to all there categories. You can even win all three categories if all three are good enough. Siim feel free to submit the version you have and whatever other versions you want to do. I'm really interested to see what you've done. Take care and have a good day!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

also I downloaded your version of fraps and it only record the lower left corner of my screen. Any help on that?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I think you have to set the resolution in Sandbox to 640X480 Sorry I forgot to mention that. Take care.
-mike
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

I just set the resolution in sandbox 1280x1024... but it still records only the lover corner of my screen. Should I try to use windowed mode? or Do I have to set the movie resolution in sandbox 1280x1024?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

As we mentioned in the chat you need to make the Sandbox resolution 640X480 :D Also I forgot to add that /hidehud 1 will hide the FPS and crosshair and also editing hud in edit mode. Take care!
-mike
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Just as a note, I guess it is okay to use youtube audioswap. If I repost the video somewhere else I'll have to use different music, and also it is a bit less "professional" since then obviously the video isn't synced to the music but it is an option. Take care.
-mike