Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

January 2012 Mapping/Game Contest Info

Congrats kddekadenz on your win!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

January 2012 Mapping/Game Contest Info

Post by Mike »

General Rules:
1. You may make as many submissions you want
2. You may make as many adjustments to your submissions as you want before the deadline. This is in fact encouraged.
3. You are encouraged to provide tips and feedback to help others improve
4. You are allowed to make code alterations - provided you distribute a patch and pre-compiled binaries where possible.

Contest Details
You are to make a game for the RPG module. For those who haven't used the RPG before, an introductory tutorial can be found on our wiki.
Your final submission will need to have at least one hub/town or one dungeon for the player to explore and interact with.
Do note you are allowed to team up with others.

Your game will be judged on its "RPGness", this does not mean map quality should take a back seat, but it's not the focus of this competition.
Your game will primarily be judged for its quest design and it's level design, so be creative!
We really do want to see quests with multiple paths and solutions, the inclusion of non-violent paths and solutions (eg diplomacy) are highly encouraged!

Submission:
Make a post in this forum with the title of your and/or your name. Create the post as a POLL (the option is below the post along with the options tab entitled "Poll Creation") with the question being "This is my favorite map!". Below it include the options "Yes" and "No". Only "Yes" votes will count to decide the winner, but polls need two options to work. You can enter as many submissions as you want. You can vote on as many different entries as you want, but multiple votes from the same person on a single entry will result in disqualification.

Make sure you post a link to your map in the thread. If you don't have a site to host your map on sendspace.com is a good free alternative. Your files can be packaged using free .zip programs such as winzip. Please only include the files we need and let us know if it is for a version of sandbox OTHER than 2.7.1.
Remember to adhere to the packaging guide, which can be found on our wiki!

To Win:
Simply the map with the most votes is the winner! I do reserve the right to veto the top winner if it is say, just a box unless it is the awesomest box ever!!

The Prize:
You and your map get featured on the front page of the Sandbox webpage, included in Sandbox itself, (both of which are awesome for your resume), and possibly (I'm still looking into it :D) the chance to win Steam Game CD Keys and/or more!!! :D Ideas are welcome in that area to :)

Deadline:
Saturday, February 4th, 02:00 UTC

Disclaimer: This post is subject to change, especially regarding elaboration on the prizes so please check back for updates!
Last edited by Hirato on February 2nd, 2012, 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: extended deadline
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: January 2012 Mapping/Game Contest Info

Post by jSoftApps »

Can we use maps that we made online with another person?
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Okay, lemme get this straight: this isn't Christmas themed unless we want it to be, right? You mentioned a Christmas contest on the main page. This is actually it, right? Just without the Christmas?

anyways, maybe for prizes you could do programs or something? I've seen a lot of contest giveaways, including Wordpress themes, programs (e.g. Photoshop plugins), iTunes cash, e-books... you name it.

EDIT: speaking of e-books... how about a free copy of (each of) your book(s)?
Last edited by chocolatepie33 on November 22nd, 2011, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

How about Steam games?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Mike wrote:[..]and possibly (I'm still looking into it ) the chance to win Steam Game CD Keys and/or more!!!
I would prefer something else. Maybe software you can use with Sandbox (Photoshop, 3dsMax or something cheaper).

I will join! I already have the game concept :D

My personal goal is to keep the filesize of the stand-alone under 100 MB, but it still have to be well designed and atmospheric.
Last edited by kddekadenz on November 24th, 2011, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

I'm up for the challenge. Face me all who dare.
Best Luck to all you dare to enter.

I'm going to make my game Christmas themed.

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

I've edited mike's post a bit to clarify a few things
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

kid matthew wrote:I'm up for the challenge. Face me all who dare.
Best Luck to all you dare to enter.

I'm going to make my game Christmas themed.

Cheers,
Matthew
Ack! This is going to make my life harder! KM is actully pretty beast at mapping....
How about a Peace Treaty?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Free copies of my book might be a great idea indeed :D Now that I finished my other job I'm going to be working on it as my main focus, and Sandbox of course ;D Take care :D
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Idea for the prize:
Being in your subbox on youtube ;)