Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Announcing Watergun Wars - Volunteers Wanted!

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: Announcing Watergun Wars - Volunteers Wanted!

Post by jSoftApps »

I volunteer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't care what job you make me do. Give me anything (except modeling, I am terrible at it)
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I think if we search opengameart.org and other similar sites that we can hopefully replace the content appropriately enough :) The main thing is too we need to make sure it. Identify what is fun, and what isn't and adjust accordingly.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@mike: you might wanna put up a page on the wiki that says what you want and need exactly, specifically meaning content. I realize you need replacements, but what's being replaced again? A variety of guns, icons, maybe a water balloon style grenade?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

kid matthew wrote:Hey Mike, Ill help you guys map. This is really cool. :DDD

Cheers,
Matthew
Did you get my e-mail about the abbey?
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Does this support things like moving slower and jumping lower, maybe in a specific mode?
stealthpanda
Name: Stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

Yo, everyone!!!!
THATS RIGHT, I AM BACK PEOPLE!!!
So, after much delay, i have returned with a new and very current project: helping with makin multiplayer maps....I have been playing with Saurebeaten and Red eclipse(both made with cube 2) and realized that the gamplay of those(maybe in water wars) combined with the editing power of PAS could be awesome. Sooooo, I am now volunteering myself for a map designer, as i am pretty good at that stuff. Ive got a lotta time on my hands, so ask and you shall receive(mapping wise).

Also, I will post some new pics of my current WIP for u all 2 see, I think I finally got lighting down...
all for now, cheers,
-Stealthpanda
Current projects: an unamed rpg
BurN
Name: Balal
IRC Username: BurN

Post by BurN »

for the 2d icons/textures i liked the quake 3 arena approach, it was just the same icon that was there on the ammo bin for that weapon

Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

stealthpanda wrote:Yo, everyone!!!!
THATS RIGHT, I AM BACK PEOPLE!!!
So, after much delay, i have returned with a new and very current project: helping with makin multiplayer maps....I have been playing with Saurebeaten and Red eclipse(both made with cube 2) and realized that the gamplay of those(maybe in water wars) combined with the editing power of PAS could be awesome. Sooooo, I am now volunteering myself for a map designer, as i am pretty good at that stuff. Ive got a lotta time on my hands, so ask and you shall receive(mapping wise).

Also, I will post some new pics of my current WIP for u all 2 see, I think I finally got lighting down...
all for now, cheers,
-Stealthpanda
Maybe you can make a battlefield like rush mode? with 2 objectives to complete before doors open to the next part of the map, would be fun ;)
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Burn what do think about this for the icons? They can always be replaced anyway:
http://opengameart.org/content/simple-shooter-icons

I could edit one to make the rocket haha. Movespeed and jumpspeed will most likely be adjusted to be lessened. I'm more interested, starting out anyway in smaller maps that are more action packed and don't have people bunny hopping all over the place. We can certainly test out different values and see what is the most fun.

So a lot of people said they are willing to help but what jobs would you like? That's the basic list on the front page and I can edit in your name if you wanted to take on a job. Thanks for your interest! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

One thing I forgot to add on the list is weapon sounds. Also I think maybe we should do a meetup with a bunch of us and test out the gameplay :D Take care.
-mike