Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Announcing Watergun Wars - Volunteers Wanted!

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
esequiel14

Re: Announcing Watergun Wars - Volunteers Wanted!

Post by esequiel14 »

Can someone put a video of the gameplay? or a video tutorial of how to install the water wars patch?
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
stealthpanda
Name: Stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

Mike, I love the steampunk shotgun(the last file)
Current projects: an unamed rpg
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I still need to actually make some test maps for tomorrow. A regular "Drenchmatch" map would be good plus CTF and Base Capture. I'll make them relatively simple but also we can modify the maps in our coop edit as long as everyone agrees that the maps can be used commercially, since we want all SB content to be able to be used commercially.

Esequiel you'll need to download the SVN, probably right before we actually go in and play since I'll be working on it a lot on Thursday. If you don't know how to do this check out here:
http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... evelopment

Everyone needs to make sure to delete the fps.cfg and init.cfgs in my_stuff folder after downloading all the SVN stuff. It is good practice to do it each time you update the SVN too. I will have an updated binary for all of you too so you don't have to worry about compiling it. We'll meet up in IRC prior to going into the server.

Any other questions? Also it is as rough of a test as we can get so patience will be required I'm sure. Thanks and take care.
-mike

EDIT
Also if anyone wants to make any test maps for tomorrow that'd be great too since tonight I'm busy coaching soccer and seeing the folks. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I'll see what I can do about the maps, if I made a basic layout, could you add the other necessary entities and such? If so, then I guess you guys could use my Research Lab map, that might be a nice one (if it's not too small). As for the character models... maybe the duck is like a water grenade? Or it could be like a ball in the RE "bomber-ball" mode, which is kind of like handball.

Also, as soon as waterwars makes some progress, maybe a contest for new maps and such could help?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

The ducky... I love it. I think it could possibly be a super-rare item and a one hit KO. That would be fun :)

I'll continue to update, but I don't know if I'll make tomorrow night. What time did you say would be the test run? (Although I must admit, it'd be awesome to test out my new monitor by playing with you guys!)

As for maps. I can try and make one or two. We'll see :)

EDIT: Also, I personally think we shouldn't worry about maps for tomorrow night, as the house map that Hirato works on seems to fit the bill nicely (especially if it's a smaller group).
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@Arc: so the duck is like the rocket launcher in Red Eclipse... Rare, but extremely powerful if used properly. Cool. 8-)

I'm pretty sure I can't make it tomorrow night, I've got both practice and family stuff going on. Like previously mentioned by me and others, a video would be very cool, and you (Mike) could post it to the front page.

As for the maps, I don't know about house, but I think that relatively large, open maps are nice for shooting from what I've experienced. The house map may be a bit cramped on the inside, same goes for the mansion. The hedge might be a very cool test map, along with the island and maybe the bastion. The forest would be nice, but it runs so slowly for me, and that could be a problem for others.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

I personally agree with CP. The island, hedge .etc would be good maps. Also, I might be able to rig some of the player models for animation (but not necessarily animate them 8-) )
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Hedge? It'd take forever to find each other! I think house is a good idea and we can just place the flags and capture points as we go along. I don't think I'll be doing a video but we'll have future tests soon I'm sure.

jSoft that'd be a huge help for you to rig some of those weapons! The ones I have right now are placeholders from sauer and I don't want them having a fit so they need to replaced before we do videos or launch.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

There already is a mod/replacement for Sauerbraten, which adds ducks as grenades ;)
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

My pc is good enough to make a full HD vid of waterwars, but for that I need people to play waterwars with, somebody who can edit the video and a working map