Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Potential Player Models and Weapons

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Potential Player Models and Weapons

Post by Mike »

We always have the option of a few different themes too. The robots could actually be something the kids designed, if we wanted it to make logic sense. Like Water Bot O Destruction 2000. The main thing is to get one good one working first and then we can expand. :D
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

What about bots having a robot skin and players having another skin?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@Rune: Already mentioned:
chocolatepie33 wrote:bot based practice map or something similar, and the kid models could be used to represent online opponents
and
arcones wrote: But yeah, I agree, the bots are kiddish and could do quite well for bot based stuff
Mike wrote:We always have the option of a few different themes too. The robots could actually be something the kids designed, if we wanted it to make logic sense. Like Water Bot O Destruction 2000. The main thing is to get one good one working first and then we can expand.
At this rate, we're gonna end up with some kind of crazy story mode.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

For that you need a campaign, and from what I heard of it, waterwars is more of a mp with open maps without any form of a story
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I know. It would be cool to have some kind of a mini-campaign that's like an introduction tutorial for waterwars. But multiplayer first.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Captain_Ahab
Name: Richard

Post by Captain_Ahab »

a single player game could use kid-style robots that spark a lot and stop working when they get wet...kids save planet from aliens or mad scientist!

if a particle generator can be tagged to a bad guy's armature, then the particles could be fire and the kids save the world from lava monsters by putting out their fires; lava monsters harden to stone when they get wet and cool off.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Captain_Ahab wrote:a single player game could use kid-style robots that spark a lot and stop working when they get wet...kids save planet from aliens or mad scientist!

if a particle generator can be tagged to a bad guy's armature, then the particles could be fire and the kids save the world from lava monsters by putting out their fires; lava monsters harden to stone when they get wet and cool off.
#

W00t, Ahab is active again! Do you know if someone still has the trophy images like in your signature? There were thoughts about doing a Sandbox Mapping Contest again (maybe a WaterWars-contest?).
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
stealthpanda
Name: Stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

You know, I was thinking, have any of you played red eclpise? Because if so, some of the models from that would work awesome with a few adjustments(a.k.a, the laser gun, as the reloading sequence looks like a a water tank)If you havnt tried it, give it a shot, its a conversion of cube 2......and also, my map is almost done(NOW WITH MORE CURVES MIND YOU)......cant wait 2 release it.....

-sp
Current projects: an unamed rpg
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

If you are talking about a Water Gun Wars map why don't you make a post about it in these forums and show it off? :) We could even potentially play in the Beta test if interested. What are those models licensed as? Take care.
-mike

EDIT - Just checked out the video for it, I'm not really a big fan of those weapon models though they are insightful.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

kddekadenz wrote:
Captain_Ahab wrote:a single player game could use kid-style robots that spark a lot and stop working when they get wet...kids save planet from aliens or mad scientist!

#

W00t, Ahab is active again! Do you know if someone still has the trophy images like in your signature? There were thoughts about doing a Sandbox Mapping Contest again (maybe a WaterWars-contest?).
Or maybe even a WaterWars tournament, sorta like tournaments in other FPS's :)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB