Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Status Div3 (RPG 2.8.1)

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
coopziana
Name: Ben

Status Div3 (RPG 2.8.1)

Post by coopziana »

Hi,

I'm a bit confused so was just looking for an explanation to the following:

When I set up an item for example below:

Code: Select all

r_item_name "LH-101P"
r_item_value 250
r_item_weight 189
r_item_mdl "hirato/box/standard"
r_item_icon "items/Leg"
r_item_description "LH-101P"

r_item_use_new_armour
r_item_use_name "LH-101P"
r_item_use_description "WEIGHT: 189 / STRENGTH: 410 / E.DRAIN: 18 / ARMOUR: 303"
r_item_use_icon "items/Leg"
r_item_use_new_status 42 $ATTACK_NONE 0.0
r_item_use_slots $SLOT_LEGS
and then set up the status in 39.cfg as per the description:

// LF-1001PX-0
r_status_friendly 1

r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_STRENGTH		410 -1 -1
r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_MREGEN		-1.8 -1 -1
r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_ARMOUR		303 -1 -1
The status works however I was confused when I looked at the stats screen In-Game and found that all the stats were wrong, I looked into this and found that all the effects have been divided by 3, as shown in the screen-shot.
screenshot_988723.png
I was wondering why this was happening, I've tried to find the source code for this but have not been able to find it. Naturally if it's a simple case of the stats being too powerful so therefore the code divides the numbers by 3, then I will have to go into all (over 100) of my items and reset the stats and divide them by 3 myself, However I don't want to be spending that much time doing that if the script is set to divide it anyway. Instead I will have to go in and edit the description to reflect the correct numbers.

Armour is a VERY important part of this game as when you start you can hardly move as you don;t have any armour, changing armour in this game allows for faster movement but has a drain on other stats, so you have to be clever with your armour to get the best results... I can't really calculate all this if the game itself is messing around with the stats I've set up!

Any advise is appreciated!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Status Div3 (RPG 2.8.1)

Post by Hirato »

$SKILL_ARMOUR is used as the default skill, it just so happens that at your skill levels that means a base roll of 33%
And by default, the chargeflags value is $CHARGE_MAG - therefor their magnitudes are reduced to 33%

Also, you may want to set the fourth argument (in order they're type, strength, duration, variance), you kind of want variance to be 0 or it's likely going to be different whenever you open up the UI, variance != 0 is something you'd use for flickering torches and stuff :P
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
coopziana

Post by coopziana »

Hi Hirato,

Thanks for the info... But I'm still not sure how to fix this problem. What do I need to do to make it so that the armour pieces display the correct stats as set in my statuses cfg?

With regards to the Varience should i set it like this:

r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_STRENGTH      410 -1 0 
or like this:

r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_STRENGTH      410 -1 !=0
???
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

You want the former

The fix is otherwise just

r_item_use_skill $SKILL_NONE
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
coopziana

Post by coopziana »

Works perfectly,

Thanks again Hirato!

When this game is done I'm going to post all my findings to hopefully help everyone out in future... may even make a wiki page about it.