Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How to edit Village map? Select ALL of a building at once

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
qyx455
Name: Qyx455

How to edit Village map? Select ALL of a building at once

Post by qyx455 »

Hi folks,
New user here :)
Have a question regarding editing. Specifically, deleting items on an existing map. I like the Village map very for its terrain and size, but I wanted to delete all the buildings. Is there a way to select ALL of the building at once, and not piece-meal it out?? The bit at a time method hasn't been working for me very well... any thoughts? All constructive comments will be GREATLY appreciated! :)
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Re: How to edit Village map? Select ALL of a building at onc

Post by Wind Astella »

Select a building and press delete that should delete a building. If you think of selecting every building before deleting them maybe deleting the whole village and left a big flat area is your only way.
qyx455
Name: Qyx455

Post by qyx455 »

Thanks for the prompt response :)
I've tried selecting the building in Edit mode, but all I get are single blocks, or unrelated areas mixed in... I guess this won't be so easy to accomplish...
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Post by Wind Astella »

Just do it slow and steady. Every rewarding feeling came from hard work so keep up the good work. (y)
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

easiest thing to do would be to use the heightfield mode and kind of sort of recreate the original hills the buildings were placed in.
Then just texture them with the ground's texture.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
annaya
Name: annayamalik
IRC Username: k

Post by annaya »

Is there a way to select ALL of the building at once, and not piece-meal it out?? The bit at a time method hasn't been working for me very well..
Name: Myst

Post by palm tree dreamin »

Hi Emma,
I am new here, but I will give it my best shot.
From what I can see of the village map, all the buildings were made of cubes, so you do have to do one or two buildings at a time. There is a pretty easy way to do this, though.

Go into edit mode and get a view of the building you want to delete, from the top.
If you left click on the lower left block of the roof line, then right click on the upper right corner of the roof line, you will have the blocks on that level selected.

Now rather than take it to the ground, using your mouse scroll wheel, come up until you have a big rectangular shape that includes all the blocks at the peak. It will look pretty strange, because of all the different textures.

Now, take your mouse wheel and start moving it in reverse, so that the blocks are going down to the ground. At ground level you can stop.

It actually works pretty fast. One building will be gone in a few seconds, then just move onto the next. You can wait to re-texture the terrain until you are all done.

If you want grass, just select all the blocks that are not grass textured, using the same left mouse and right mouse click method. You can also just select an even larger area that includes some of the grass, if you need to. Choose your texture and you are done, except for maybe a little grooming of the hillsides around where the building was seated.

A Note: Save your work, after you remove every building, just in case you make a mistake. That way, you have a backup of every step of the way.

Hope this helps!

Credendo Vides :D
northstar
Name: steven

Post by northstar »

as palm tree dreamin said, they are all made of cubes and you simply have to push them out of the way... but yes, one by one is the only way