Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Is it possible to make a stand alone game?

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Eagle
Name: Vickie Eagle

Is it possible to make a stand alone game?

Post by Eagle »

I was amazed by the shear power of this engine when I ran it on my computer yesterday. You guys have really put together an engine that at a pro level for development! This engine works better than Torque and they charge $800.00 a copy for theirs. My question to you is “Can you make a stand alone game with this engine? If not I can’t use it and that will truly make me sad.

Please let me know,
Always~
Vickie ;)
Here is my Profile:
http://www.caligari.com/news/news_june2006/cpcp3.html
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is it possible to make a stand alone game?

Post by Mike »

Heya, welcome to the site! I thought at first you were the caligirl I did the girlgamers news stuff with. You can absolutely do a standalone game, however some of the content in Sandbox needs to be replaced as it can only be used non commercially (not our choice). However, we are trying to move more and more towards debian free content and would love to switch out the content. If you know any good content sites please feel free to share them! As a note the licenses are in each folder for the content. If you just wanted to create a non commercial game than you could easily as well. There are already some going on in the "works in progress forums". There is also another post asking the same question that might offer some more info for you. Take care and have a great night!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Eagle
Name: Vickie Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mike you just made my day! Thank you so much, you and your team are brilliant!
I love this Engine~

Always~
Vickie ;)
I put time in a bottle ... just saying :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

hehehe :)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
clapter
Name: Andrew
IRC Username: clapter

Post by clapter »

Mike wrote:Heya, welcome to the site! I thought at first you were the caligirl I did the girlgamers news stuff with. You can absolutely do a standalone game, however some of the content in Sandbox needs to be replaced as it can only be used non commercially (not our choice). However, we are trying to move more and more towards debian free content and would love to switch out the content. If you know any good content sites please feel free to share them! As a note the licenses are in each folder for the content. If you just wanted to create a non commercial game than you could easily as well. There are already some going on in the "works in progress forums". There is also another post asking the same question that might offer some more info for you. Take care and have a great night!
-mike
What file(s) would we have to replace, because Im interested in making a standalone game!