Matrix Math Sandbox

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
stevenshaw

Matrix Math Sandbox

Postby stevenshaw » April 24th, 2019, 12:35 am

I'm working on a project, the purpose of which is to help people understand the matrices used by game maker. You can play around with all the inputs that generate each matrix, and you can also alter the matrices directly. Lorem Ipsum Temp Mail 10 Minute Mail

On the top left side, there is a form where you can create or modify a transformation matrix, directly below it are two buttons that permit you to apply the transformation to the current world matrix. And yes, there is a difference between the effect of pressing each of those buttons.

On the bottom left side, you can define a vertex position, and then see how all of the matrices affect its transformation into world space, view space, projection space and finally viewport space.

On right right side is a 3d viewport that shows the result of applying all of the matrices to a scene. You can move the camera around either by changing the view projection, or by using keyboard controls (shown in-game).

Just download the project and then press play. If you notice anything that is wrong, or you have any suggestions for improvements, let me know by replying to this thread.

The camera controls using the orthographic projection seem wrong, but I'm not going to try to fix them until I understand why they are wrong.

Return to “Sandbox General Chat”