Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

export

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
darklexus
Name: robert

export

Post by darklexus »

if i make a game with this software how do i export it to an exe for ppl to play

and is there any way to make the game browser based so ppl dont have to download that is if you can creat a exe
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: export

Post by Mike »

How many games have you played that are just an exe? Not many for me :D That is a silly gimmick that game maker has to package it all into an exe and Sandbox does not do that. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Post by GoBologna120 »

Besides that, I don't think you can make a .exe into a browser based game without transfering things to java or flash.
Yay. ^_^
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

If you want to go through the entire hassle of building a browser-based game, I hope you have deep pockets. It's expensive to get the servers you need for that.

And, even so, look at how it usually turns out. It becomes a giant mess. Case in point, Runescape.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

Hey guys,

An interesting question. Disregarding the "exe", how would you package a game for other sandbox users to play? Surely we are not making these games for just the author to play?

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Mic_The_Forth
Name: Mic
IRC Username: Mic

Post by Mic_The_Forth »

I would just say you put all the files in a .zip archive and upload it. Anyone that likes to explore files (Like I... The more saddistic population of this Earth ^_^ ) should know exactly where to put the files... Just put a Readme in there just in case =]
What the *heck* did I do wrong this time?

Check it out people!! http://www.rocker-freaks.info
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I use 7zip, it is free and a powerful archiver and select self extracting archive (for windows users) and there is your EXE or just zip for all platforms. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!