Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

A few questions a search and wiki didn't answer.

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
crzyone9584
Name: JR

A few questions a search and wiki didn't answer.

Post by crzyone9584 »

So I've been looking at the forums and your wiki for a few hours now. Haven't see my answers yet.

First whats the best type of graphics does this engine support. I'm looking for a free open source engine to create a RPG with and so far yours has the closest to the complete features list I'm looking for or have to create.

Most people i know play games these days for graphics and not story which is a same. Graphics don't make the game the story does. So i was wondering if the engine could support almost the next-gen type of graphics as long as I import them.

Also i couldn't find any information about the type of programing language you use nor any scripting language.

For now those are the two big questions i have.
klimyriad
Support Team
Support Team
Name: liam

Re: A few questions a search and wiki didn't answer.

Post by klimyriad »

most newer ones there a few what it does not support as well
i not sure to be honest but most modern graphics it works on

Also next time put your questions in support

thanks
klimyriad
Firstspace the attack Progress. Image
Maps= Image finishing the town of hisal map.
Models and textures Image Just started finding these.
Menus, script's and other stuff. Image
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

OK when i was reading the description of the forums support was for issues. I'm not having an issue, just a general question about graphics and what this engine is programmed in and what scripting language it supports.

Thanks, so as long I'm able to export the model to what ever this engine supports I'll be able to use pretty nice graphics?
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Yes.
The engine language is C++ and the scripting language is Cubescript.
Hope that helps!

Arc :geek:
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Up to a point, you can get good graphics; bear in mind that the more you "soup up" the graphics, the more intensive the load becomes to manage on the machine running Sandbox.
Combine that with the fact that there's quite a few video cards out there that hate OpenGL, and it could end up being a recipe for disaster.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm still debating on what engine to use for my RPG.
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

crzyone9584 keep in mind your going to have a hard time trying to find software like Sandbox. You can create your own game and sell it for profit of course you have to credit the people who made the engine and anything you used. But other than that everything is free to use and distribute not a single penny spent.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

GR1M wrote:crzyone9584 keep in mind your going to have a hard time trying to find software like Sandbox. You can create your own game and sell it for profit of course you have to credit the people who made the engine and anything you used. But other than that everything is free to use and distribute not a single penny spent.
Thats why I'm looking and asked about the graphics. I don't need top notch next-gen graphics or anything but some decent looking ones that won't lag the system. Also where would one go to read up on Cube Script. I've tried to learn C++ a few years ago, didn't work out. So i went and learned vb.net. So its either this or Ogre 3D with a massive amount of work done to make an rpg. It seems that this system covers NPC, Inventory, and a few other systems. Still looking for any information on a combat system.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Go ahead and look at the Tutorial and Resources section, and have a peek at this site: Cubescript tutorial

Hope that helps!

Arc :geek:
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!