Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Kid Friendly

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
madfox95
Name: Sten
IRC Username: Madfox

Re: Kid Friendly

Post by madfox95 »

Only 13+ i think :D But when there is nudity then should be 18+ or some countries u need to be older.
I am going to put u sleep, slowly!
In progress - I don't use PAS anymore. UDK is better.
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

If this thing ever comes into existence count me in!, I would make the age no lower that 16, The warrning saying that this fourm contains violence,---,drugs. Most kids won't enter but some will but they have been warned, No need to bann accounts for entering evaild birthdates thats just going to make people mad and less people are going to use sandbox.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

I wouldn't ban them, but I would never let them in again. :P
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

I for one disagree, this engine is meant for kids. If there was to be a rating I wouldn't let anything over the top of mild violence with blood, use of LEGAL drugs (alcohol cigarettes etc) & mild language, we're not talking 45 F bombs throughout the game.
Something with a rating just over teen.
freeze10108
Name: Matt

Post by freeze10108 »

Chaze007 wrote:I for one disagree, this engine is meant for kids. If there was to be a rating I wouldn't let anything over the top of mild violence with blood, use of LEGAL drugs (alcohol cigarettes etc) & mild language, we're not talking 45 F bombs throughout the game.
Something with a rating just over teen.
I somewhat agree, however, statements like this alienate older users, and censor ideas. Censorship can also lead to having your atmosphere become less serious due to your inability to include more mature themes, ergo you'll have fewer users of Sandbox.

By the way, I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I could work on a disclaimer if deemed necessary.
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

It mainly is because that it would be harder to manage who should be viewing it.

But yeah, if we do something, would be helpful to have a good disclaimer.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

Captain_Ahab
Name: Richard

Post by Captain_Ahab »

how about a parallel game with everything the same except some content and a parallel forum?

"Mudpit"

Sandbox is kid friendly
Mudpit is not

but the src code is the same

just an idea to keep kid-friendly and non-kid-friendly completely separate
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

I do believe that it would end up a fork -- also, Sandbox has a lot of Cube code hacked to make it kid friendly.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

to clear things up...

the engine is NOT meant for kids, the things we do with the engine however are highly extendable and can be targeted at any age group, depending on the art used to represent the world, and at the moment, our art assets are more appealing to the youth, but under no circumstance does this intend to alienate older members of the community.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
shaman6991
Name: harry

Post by shaman6991 »

what if we try a quick website like a wetpaint or something which will allow you guys to edit and while it will be harder to set up a forum you can link it somewhere off of here just try to make the link somewhat hidden so people like my younger brothers and sister who use sandbox cant find it. then have a mirror link to get some more cube 2 engined themes into the game by download and im pretty sure your good ot go. also maybe adding characters and maps to download also in mirrors. then maybe even have another site for the 18+ stuff and (insert a god here) knows what kids caould find oput there... but have that link hidden very carefully.

maybe you can try

platinumarts13+.wetpaint.com

or

sandboxforteens.wetpaint.com

and maybe even

sandbox18.platinumarts.wetpaint.com

i dunnu im just throwing ideas out there for you guys
sometimes i wonder... whats so secrfet about secret sauce