Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Keybinding reference

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
DAFfy
Name: Dave

Keybinding reference

Post by DAFfy »

There is a short list of the keybindings for playing and edit modes in a text file with the distribution of Sandbox,
and a more complete list in the in-game help. Rather than trying to maintain 2 lists, it might be
worthwhile to make a GUI theme and map combination that would make it easy to screen capture the in-game help
in a high-contrast, easily printable form, and then provide those screen captures as gif or png files in the distribution.

I've gotten close to this by using the house map, going outside and looking down at the lighter colored outer perimeter snow
for the background, and then using the IronFist GUI theme and changing the text colors to darker colors. This is still
not the best for printing quality, but it's a start.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Re: Keybinding reference

Post by Runescapedj »

Where's the list?
DAFfy

Post by DAFfy »

In the normal game play menu, which shows up right when Sandbox is first launched or can be gotten later by pressing the escape key, click the "Help" item and then click "keybinds". There are 3 tabs across the top for different sets of keys.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

isn't this topic basicly pointless, cuz esc ---> help ---> key binds is something you find out fast?
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

lol, please, if you are to post something, please make it useful to either your self or the comunity
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
rev1
Name: Jorick

Post by rev1 »

omg i get hypnotized by your avatar pizza
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Holy $#*& I think I'm gonna throw up.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
daltonds1
Name: Dalton
IRC Username: Daltonds1

Post by daltonds1 »

I have no clue what you are talking about
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

daltonds1 wrote:I have no clue what you are talking about
If you're talking about what I said -
chocolatepie33 wrote:Holy $#*& I think I'm gonna throw up.
That's about what Rev1 did with Pizz's avatar.
Otherwise-
DAFfy wrote:There is a short list of the keybindings for playing and edit modes in a text file with the distribution of Sandbox,
and a more complete list in the in-game help. Rather than trying to maintain 2 lists, it might be
worthwhile to make a GUI theme and map combination that would make it easy to screen capture the in-game help
in a high-contrast, easily printable form, and then provide those screen captures as gif or png files in the distribution.

I've gotten close to this by using the house map, going outside and looking down at the lighter colored outer perimeter snow
for the background, and then using the IronFist GUI theme and changing the text colors to darker colors. This is still
not the best for printing quality, but it's a start.
He's talking about combining the keybinds.txt in the data folder with the ones you can find in-game. Am I right, Daf?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
DAFfy

Post by DAFfy »

Well, yes chocolatepie33, you are correct. More or less. I just want a complete list of the keybinds that I can print out in a reasonable way. Getting them straight out of the game through screen prints would be okay. And I don't really see a good reason to maintain the complete list in more than one place.

As Runescapedj's comment said, it's only a few keypresses and clicks to get the list in the game, but I want to be able to look at the list at the same time I'm editing or playing. I'm only about 5 clicks away from Jennifer Lopez, but I probably won't meet her anytime soon.