Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Invasion of the Ogrites- Part 1: Secret Plans

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
DesignerDude34
Name: Isaac

Invasion of the Ogrites- Part 1: Secret Plans

Post by DesignerDude34 »

I have been working on converting my "Venture-Class Starcruiser" spaceship map into a game. I am in DESPERATE need for new ideas for levels!!!
Last edited by DesignerDude34 on January 7th, 2011, 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Of all parts of wisdom, practice is the best." -John Tillotson-

"The Imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason: over every idea." -Latin Proverb-
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Need Ideas for a Sci-Fi RPG!

Post by arcones »

How about starting as a regular Petty Officer who is given duties (plenty of them so that the player gets used to the controls, and also gets used to the interactions(with computers, people, etc)) as the ship is on course for an uncharted planet. While at one of your chores, the ship seemingly collides with something, and you are knocked out. When you awake, the ship is dark, and you can't find any of the crew. What happens from there would be up to you ;)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Why does it seem like I've heard that before...?
Sounds like it's from Doom or some game. Maybe Halo.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Your right, it is a rather normal plot-line, but what you do after he wakes up could be absolutely anything.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
DesignerDude34

Post by DesignerDude34 »

Thanks for the idea! But, it doesn't seem really origional. I have the game started, so i REALLY SHOULD have told you what I have already. So, here it is:

It takes place in the distant future, when your planet (No idea what it should be called, but its inhabitants are highly-intelligent chimps) (I am only using chimps because that is the best-animated character model on Sandbox).You are a general of the interplanetary military (By the way, the chimps have developed mech suits to act as armor and to be able to breathe in space). Plot: You board your flagship, the Venture Explorer. The hangar guard greets you and gives you basic directions to your room. Your personnel bodyguard is there and tell you about a meeting at 14:00 Military time (2:00 P.M.), but you tell him that you will wander the ship some. if you wander enough you will come across a storage room. When you enter, an alarm will sound along with a message on the intercom from the pilot that you are under attack by an unknown species (Will use ogres for models but they will be re-skinned. also i need a name for them.) and you must evacuate immediately! You continue to the escape pods and land on the nearest planet. While you are trying to land in a canyon, your right engine springs a leak, so you can't take off again! You find an airshaft that leads to a factory. The factory is run by the ogres (Still need a name) who are creating weapons there. The intruder alarm sounds while you are caught on camera and the door locks. Th bridge to the only other exit is retracted. Your only hope is to jump onto a platform far below, wich is dumping molten metal to shape the weapons into a large pit. you run along the platform to where the lava is coming from (The only way out) when you stumble across the reactor core! You have to find a way to disable it to buy yourself some time to escape because at this point security troops are searching for you, and shutting off the power will make it hard for them find their way around (need help scripting the enemy troops and for a way to fight them). Thats all I got so far.

EDIT: The Venture Explorer was destroyed shortly after you ejected, and some point in the game you have to return to its wreckage (not sure why yet, but i think it would be cool to have a wrecked version)

"The Imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason: over every idea." -Latin Proverb-
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

That sounds good, how about the Ogrites (or something like that), and the wreckage is the new base of the Ogrites.
Save the wiki!
DesignerDude34

Post by DesignerDude34 »

Sounds great! Thanks for the help! But, I still need a way to fight them. Hmmm...

DesignerDude34

Post by DesignerDude34 »

Also I need help with the following:

-Combat System (FPS Mode)

-Music

-3d Modeling

-Beta testing (Won't be needed for a while but PM me if you want to be one)

Anyone who will help I will give credit to in the final game!
Last edited by DesignerDude34 on January 5th, 2011, 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Try to get Cork for music, he's the best.
What kind of models do you need?
Save the wiki!
DesignerDude34

Post by DesignerDude34 »

A modified version of the Ogre (Ogrite), with a laser rifle with these animations:- shooting and dying (dying is already an animation for the original ogre, so the modeler (whoever it ends up being) could use that). I also need a small hologram projector of the Venture Explorer (When Wrecked) if thats possible, but that can't be done until that map is complete so the modeler has something to make a model of.