Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Atlantis

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Atlantis

Post by Dannyboi »

I think a good world for the RPG would be an underwater world! because what kid doesnt like water? swimming,watergun fights,water balloons, its just a suggestion hope it help create more ideas!

Thanks
Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Atlantis

Post by Mike »

Interesting you say that. We had thought about doing an Atlantis type map, especially to this music:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/149563

Any cool ideas come from that? Cool ideas are always welcome :)

Also, we have discussed many times about doing a squirt gun mode :D Hopefully for the near future!! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboi »

AWESOME SONG! I liked it alot infact I heard that before because I have a newgrounds account. Its one of my favorite! Any ideas? Yea I think I do. One offsubject idea: VEHICLES! Not like warthogs from Halo but like horses! Or even for the underwater world: dolphins! Again sorry im in brainstorm mode lol... A outerspace world! Wow im on a roll!!
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Cool man rock it out! I usually put them in a text document or on paper if I'm not at my computer. And it can be anything that inspires me, a cool building I saw, a fun time I had in a video game, etc. All of that can be used to put in our own game to make a super awesome one! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Okay, I know that this is a really REALLY old thread, but I love the idea of something completely underwater! It would be a great addition to Sandbox and would give a new perspective on how we can build maps!
Mike wrote:Interesting you say that. We had thought about doing an Atlantis type map, especially to this music:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/149563
-mike
Plus, I love that song! It'd be awesome if we had some sort of underwater RPG! This is something I'm gonna try to work on, at least as a cool map!
If anyone has any ideas or wants to chip in feel free to do so!

Arc 8-)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Yep sounds awesome so are we kinda like fish fighting other fish?
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

not quite! :D

I was thinking that you could go on a quest for an RC king and queen and you traverse uncharted oceans (while being underwater of course :) ) but the thing is, swimming takes longer than walking. So if we could either speed up the swimming, or tone everything down so that the gameplay doesn't take to long, that'd be an awesome start!

Since this is the land of the RC's, (except for the marine animals, the characters you interact with will be RC's) you meet plenty of them and interact with some, get directions from others, and maybe trade "water gems" for different stuff!
Anybody who would like to help can participate! Maps would be welcome as well as bit and pieces of code! Make the maps all underwater, and maybe create some reefs and coral. Rocks at the bottom, and other fun stuff like that!

Once again, any ideas or help would be awesome!

Arc 8-)
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Guys... Come on... Regen uses this Idea... An underwater City called Olympus... Overrun by Infected Humans and Animals... You can wswim in some areas because the original path is Obstructed...
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Regen did not use this. Regen is based off Avatar/Jurassic. Not underwater. Sorry there Leo ;)
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

lol I'm sure Regen is a lot of things.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo