Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

SOUND/MUSIC CREATION TUTORIAL

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
mswcpt
Name: Miles

Re: SOUND/MUSIC CREATION TUTORIAL

Post by mswcpt »

Seems I have had a "eureka" moment. Hold thumbs.
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

However - I still do not know what the numbers 255 32767 mean in mapsound "q009/machine6" 255 32767 for example. anyone?

Cheers
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

Ok figured out what 255 is (max vol) but don't know the other numbers.... anyone?

Also - the menu for editing sounds (F3 in edit mode) only allows you to have a max number of 20 sounds it seems. Even though there are many more listed in the original .CFG file, it only allows you to change to a max of 20. This is extremely frustrating. Can this be changed?

If anyone can help with this ASAP would be really greatly appreciated.

Tks,

M
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

It seems it might be able to be changed by the .config itself and only limited in-game. Also, the unknown number (and this may be a long shot) may be a radius of some kind. I've never truly tried sounds out before but I have seen them.

Try checking out the cavern map as that has some good sounds you may want to check out. It may help clear up some confusion.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

Thanks Arcones! it seems that if you use the mouse scroll wheel to change the sounds listed in the directory it allows more than 20 but doesn't if you edit the sound number in the edit box itself... strange programming if you ask me....

Will check out the cavern map. Thanks. Meantime....

Furthermore - how do you change the radius using the mouse scroll button without having to edit it in the properties menu? I noticed that when you create a new entity it defaults to "light" and you can change the light's radius immediately by using the mouse scroll wheel but as soon as you change the entity to sound, it stops doing that - also a bit frustrating.

And further more:

Is it possible to change this sound as you please:

When an object is in edit mode - such as a scary tree for example, you can set the trigger to 6 so it animates. By doing this it also plays a default sound. Can that sound be edited/changed for each object??

M
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

Here is a great program for creating sounds:
Linux Multimedia studio | http://lmms.sourceforge.net
It has an interface sort of like FL studio.
Here is a song that I made in it: http://jsoftapps.dyndns.org/song.wav (It may not work because my server is buggy)

I will post a tutorial on it soon

jSoft Apps
http://jsoftapps.dyndns.org
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

@ jSoftApps -

Thanks for your input :)

However - we do not need help with this, as we have a fully fledged sound studio for creating sounds etc and all the necessary tools/knowledge to do so. What we really need help with is as per the questions I have posted in this thread which are more technical to do with the CUBE2/Sandbox software and the application of audio within GUI etc. The question I last posed, points up a very serious idea, because if it is not possible to change the default sounds of the triggers, then it can seriously impede the overall reality/interactive experience of gameplay that uses the CUBE2 engine....

Hope to have some more answers from the experts in here soon!

BTW - IF there is time, I will seriously consider writing a detailed sound tutorial for this which doesn't currently exist after we have done the course at the school.

M
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

ALSO - (sorry lots of questions now) -

CAN models such as MTREE for example, have sounds OTHER THAN the default trigger sound (which I would like to change as asked previously) associated to them?? Very important this to make the gameplay realistic...

M
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

@mswcpt

What audio studio is that???
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
mswcpt

Post by mswcpt »

this one: Image

:ugeek: