Transparent Textures

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dr.tygen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Transparent Textures

Postby dr.tygen » September 17th, 2009, 10:24 am

You know what would be REALLY cool? Having transparent textures (i.e. textures that have transparent parts and solid parts elsewhere, like paint on a glass).

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
--William Riker

offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Re: Transparent Textures

Postby offtools » September 17th, 2009, 3:39 pm

2 possibilities:

1. look at village map, hirato does mixing glass material with mapmodels there
2. create a window mapmodel with transparent textures

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » September 17th, 2009, 5:46 pm

for anything besides grass and models, the alpha channel is read as a specularity map
so if you want transparency, you'll have to do it via transparent textures on grass and models :P
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

offtools

Postby offtools » September 17th, 2009, 6:47 pm

btw: whats visually the difference between normal maps and depth maps?

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » September 18th, 2009, 5:00 am

This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Postby siimvuss » September 18th, 2009, 6:55 am

Does anyone know how to make doors wich you can only go trough one way? I have seen those in sauerbraten.

dr.tygen

Postby dr.tygen » September 18th, 2009, 10:39 am

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
--William Riker

offtools

Postby offtools » July 21st, 2010, 7:15 pm

transparent textures are possible with the new cube engine release. so i guess, we have it already in the svn. more info here:

Lemon
Name: Mary

Postby Lemon » January 1st, 2011, 1:18 am

Please, tell me, how can i put a 3d model with transparent surfaces into PAS. If i'm going to import a lamp model with a glass plafond, and i need to make the bulb seen behind the glass (i have a model of that kind), what shoud i do?

In fact, a short tutorial is needed...

Happy New Year to All of You!!! :D

Return to “Sandbox General Chat”