Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Some New Recommended Features

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
ellingtondistrict

Some New Recommended Features

Post by ellingtondistrict »

PASB needs a few new features that would make it a lot better, i will list some of the big ones below

~ Game Physics ~

- Trigger block area's, it should be possible for a certain area of selected blocks to be altered and changed by a trigger and if they where like a dam, the water or lava behind them would drain and move to lower ground
- water and lava blocks should be able to be affected by triggers
- water and lava should have more realistic physics such as if a wall is destroyed by a trigger and there is water behind it, the water would drain out and move to a different lower area
- a area of water or lava should be able to programmed so that when a trigger happens, it could be drained during game play, such as if you flip a lever and it opens a drain in the bottom of a pool and all the water or lava in that pool drains out.

~ Some recommended entity's and option menu's ~

- A camera entity in the regular non side scrolling mode that would follow you were ever you went from one location such as in a sidescroller or the view that you see in the over world in NSMBWii and SMW.
- A Option menu that could allow you to configure in what directions your character could move, such as it would be used to create a regular two way sidescroller, or a quad directional sidescroller like Sega's "Bug!" and it would allow to define if your character could rotate around with the mouse.

~ Level Completion triggers and Events ~

- sandbox should have special triggers that could trigger level events (such as new paths appearing in the over world of NSMBWii when levels are completed) when levels are completed
- level completion triggers would be for trigger activated block area's that would change or move when a trigger happens (like a level completion trigger) (like making event triggered paths appear on a central hub overworld where a character could move around and follow paths like in super Mario world to levels)
Kooldoode
Name: Dallas
IRC Username: Kooldoode

Re: Some New Recommended Features

Post by Kooldoode »

I agree, but maybe not just block triggers, have switches and have thins like lamps, elevators, and other stuff have tags that correspond with the switch.
I definatly agree with the water/lava physics, create a volcanoe, be able to create streams and flowing rivers, working boats would be cool too, but thats kinda in the vehicles catagory.
They say to Fight for world peace, and yet they also say Fighting never solved anything.

I love PAS <3