Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8 Wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Hirato »

chocolatepie33 wrote:
Leo_V117 wrote:
cork279 wrote:But spiders are cute... so... very.... cute :cry:
No theyre not. They're hairy, and big, and scary, and hairy... Wait, I've already said that. :lol:
I have to agree, spiders are nasty things. Earlier in class, someone brought in a HUGE one. In a Doritos bag. I didn't walk back into class until, about, say, twenty minutes later. Why did we have to bring that up again? Now I'm just scared. I hate spiders.
My sister seems to think they're cute and cuddly.... needless to say I disagree.
EDIT: upon experimentation in the RPG mode (meaning following Hirato's RPG mode tut), I seem to be having some problems. dunno if they're bugs or if I messed something up, here they are:

critter type # does not exist
error: delta edit (blah blah blah)- when scrolling to change rotation/a value
could not load script 0.cfg- wrong filepath, etc
If you're talking talking about the tutorial world/map, you screwed up. the missing delta_edit aliases is a known issue.
Also, when attempting to load a map (MCO, RoseStorm, default, etc), Sandbox just CRASHES. And it's usually somewhere in the 50-80% occurrence range. Not pretty. Anyone else experiencing these, or is it just me?
Known issue with faulty graphics drivers, my netbook can't open some of the maps either and crashes somewhere in the intel driver.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

chocolatepie33 wrote:@Leo: Maybe you should do a couple of androids. And not like the RCs, more like Atlas and P-body from Portal 2. Or a cute, kiddy bot... like Danbo. However, I would like to see a lot more in the creature/animal department. Anyone wanna make Calimer's Frog avatar?
Hm... Thats actually really cute, Danbo might actually be a rather nice addition to the characters. But, isnt he copyrighted? I might make a few dragons, cats, dogs, tigers... All those sorts of things. Maybe a Unicorn or a... I'm taking this too far arent I? ¬_¬
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

Also, when attempting to load a map (MCO, RoseStorm, default, etc), Sandbox just CRASHES. And it's usually somewhere in the 50-80% occurrence range. Not pretty. Anyone else experiencing these, or is it just me?
Known issue with faulty graphics drivers, my netbook can't open some of the maps either and crashes somewhere in the intel driver.
I have this problem. I have an ATI graphics card, and I don't think my graphics drivers are the problem (they're fully updated, and everything else I use works) :P
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hirato wrote:My sister seems to think they're cute and cuddly.... needless to say I disagree.
:)
Hirato wrote:If you're talking talking about the tutorial world/map, you screwed up. the missing delta_edit aliases is a known issue.
Just a (hint), maybe you should make the tutorial a bit simpler. Or at least the beginning. I would like the delta_edit part fixed, which is why I mentioned it.
Hirato wrote:Known issue with faulty graphics drivers, my netbook can't open some of the maps either and crashes somewhere in the intel driver.
Wouldn't it happen all the time then?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

@cp I believe that it depends on how many lights, textures .etc are in the map. It's sometimes hard for my PC to load maps
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Leo_V117 wrote:Hm... Thats actually really cute, Danbo might actually be a rather nice addition to the characters. But, isnt he copyrighted? I might make a few dragons, cats, dogs, tigers... All those sorts of things. Maybe a Unicorn or a... I'm taking this too far arent I? ¬_¬
I sure hope he's not... but he is a manga character, so it's likely... but what about the millions of photographs done with him? Anyways, you could always try to make a clone/spin-off of him. I always had an okay robot idea, but I could never export it... To be honest, it wasn't even really a character, just a placeholder/test playermodel.
jSoftApps wrote:@cp I believe that it depends on how many lights, textures .etc are in the map. It's sometimes hard for my PC to load maps
True, but that wouldn't change the fact that PAS crashes on loading a map, that mostly affects the speed of a map. However, I did find an interesting workaround; open the map up in edit mode. Almost every time I do that, it works.

Seeing as this is a wishlist:
chocolatepie33 wrote: EDIT 2: An actual feature idea. For the mini-map in RPG, would it be possible to make it so that you can tell which enemies you have killed (marked in red) and which are still alive (in yellow?) Also, could you have a shield which could reflect attacks back at an enemy?

EDIT 3: Simple adding of custom skyboxes. That's all I want now. Especially that I have some cool new ones found online.
Save the wiki!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

Hey guys, I found something on the red eclipse todo list that I think we need to add to ours
Red Eclipse Todo List wrote: * footstep sounds (and texture "materials"?)
Also, I think that the water wars mode should be finished before the next release so that I the FPS creating people don't have to use sauerbraten anymore. :mrgreen:
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I one hundred percent agree jSoft. I was going to add footsteps in on my own, but never got around to it.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I agree with most of that. I really don't know about water wars, as I've seen it mostly as a concept more than anything else. Maybe once RPG's done, Hirato can work on that... unless someone else wants to do it.

Going back to Leo's talk on creatures and playermodels, here are some more ideas I've had:

Code: Select all

new models:

creatures:
	*birds 
	*mythical creatures (dragon, golem (the current two are sandbox-only, I believe), pegasus, unicorn, things like that. 
	*basic creatures (a real snake, cattle, horse replacements, etc)
	*bugs and other things (Leo's spider)

*sea serpent?

*Going along the purpose of creatures, let's just think of pests or things that would chase you. However, some creatures are best left as models. example, cattle. Other than bulls/steer, when are you chased by a cow?

playermodels:
	*cool robots
	*pirate
	*viking
	*ninja
	*superhero (I'd like to see sauer's captain cannon or whatever his name is.)
	*knights (arthurian?)
	*we could aim for centaurs, satyrs, half-human things. 
	*Elves/dwarves and such
	*a variety of warriors, like eagle's new one

*mermaid/merman?

*I'm just gonna say either anything humanoid (aliens and primates included), or any type of human would work well here.
Save the wiki!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

chocolatepie33 wrote:I agree with most of that. I really don't know about water wars, as I've seen it mostly as a concept more than anything else. Maybe once RPG's done, Hirato can work on that... unless someone else wants to do it.

Going back to Leo's talk on creatures and playermodels, here are some more ideas I've had:

Code: Select all

new models:

creatures:
	*birds 
	*mythical creatures (dragon, golem (the current two are sandbox-only, I believe), pegasus, unicorn, things like that. 
	*basic creatures (a real snake, cattle, horse replacements, etc)
	*bugs and other things (Leo's spider)

*sea serpent?

*Going along the purpose of creatures, let's just think of pests or things that would chase you. However, some creatures are best left as models. example, cattle. Other than bulls/steer, when are you chased by a cow?

playermodels:
	*cool robots
	*pirate
	*viking
	*ninja
	*superhero (I'd like to see sauer's captain cannon or whatever his name is.)
	*knights (arthurian?)
	*we could aim for centaurs, satyrs, half-human things. 
	*Elves/dwarves and such
	*a variety of warriors, like eagle's new one

*mermaid/merman?

*I'm just gonna say either anything humanoid (aliens and primates included), or any type of human would work well here.
Well, I was actually thinking of creating all these and adding them to the SVN release, but also releasing them to the community as an assets pack. The RPG section would probably be a little harder, as I'll have to release the Source-code and the models, so you guys would have to patch your RPG (I'll supply the exe and project files). Once Hirato and myself implement Hudguns, I'll release a patch, unless calimer (Mike) decides to do that. Keep making a list, and I'll see what I can do with the models. Modelling in my software isnt that hard, so, I just have to worry about exporting them. But, you know me... I always find a solution in one way or another. 8-)